Driver Side Headlight Fault

Hello

Can someone please help

My wife's 2004 Micra k12 driver's side headlight (dipped) does not work...The passage Headlight works and both side lights work...also when I switch the full beam on both sides work...so quite literally the driverside headlight is the only one that doesn't work....

I've swapped the bulb and no joy...ive swapped the 3 pin connecter that plugs into the bulb and no joy either...

I've looked for the fuse but can only find a yellow block fuse which says h/lamp and washer but like I say everything else works inc the washer so surely can't be the fuse...

So I've only got the option of following the wiring and checking to see if I find a fault on the wire and that's it really...I'm losing my mind over this

Can anyone help...Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20151111_220604.jpg
    20151111_220604.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 251
Check the female spade connection in the fuse box beside the battery from the back, some unscrewing required... The wiring photo is how I cured the same problem in my '94 k11 last week ,, have you used a circuit tester to find where the break in the current is? if you have power at the fuse but not in the wire to the headlight, it may be the same problem I had. hope this helps :)

Attachments

• WP_20151018_15_49_42_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151018_15_49_42_Pro.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 274
Last edited:
The female connection was totally corroded but not visible from up top. I cut the affected wire and put a new length into the void.. So far the light works again without over heating or issues. Be sure to use auto wire though and not low melt point speaker wire!!

Attachments

• WP_20151018_15_49_50_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151018_15_49_50_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 254
Hello

Thanks for your quick responses....I'll be doing the work tomorrow so I'll keep you informed

I've just found out from speaking with someone that there is a third fuse boc location know as the IPDM (intelligent power distribution module) that's located under the left hand headlight which is where is should find the individual fuse for the headlight...fingers crossed that fuse has blown and thats that lol

I thought there were only 1 locations for fuses...The panel inside the car and the ones next to the battery.

I do however have to remove the whole headlight cluster which I've been told is a pain but will find that out tomorrow.

If there is any other areas I could check can people keep informing me so I have plenty to try tomorrow...I have a feeling ill check the fuse and it'll be fine and I'm back to square one...The more ideas I get the more I have to try to fix it.

Thanks so far though ☺

do yourself a favour, spray everything now today with plenty of wd40 and the job tomorrow will be a lot easier...