should i be able to pick my car up?

Antony

Ex. Club Member
i thought it would be a laugh as i shouted at one of my mates, "my car weighs the same as a mini" and he didnt believe me.

so i grabbed the rear wheel arch and promptly lifted the wheel clean off the floor, much to the amazement of my colleagues.

should this be possible with a normal 1.3 super S k11?? there's no spare wheel in it but it did have half a tank of fuel.
o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

oooh and just noticed, ive been a member now for almost exactly a year....hahaha

Its easy to do on a K10. I weighed my ST and thats 125 KG a side at the rear and 250KG a side at the front, and again thats easy to lift a corner of the floor as well. (its made slightly more difficult however by the f+R anti-roll bars. If I had stiff suspension as well it would also be harder.

i tried this before joining the msc using the rusty front arches and the arch collapsed giving me a nasty sliced hand....wont be trying that again...lol

lol, after i showed it to a mate, him and a colleague went and turned my car around...... gits...lol

we witnessed this at the midlands meet. i'm afraid it's just down to the muscle, he managed to lift my car aswell (full trim, empty tank), both rich and i tried and never got a wheel off floor. :blush: mainly to do with 5'10" frame ;) lol and lack of muscle.

hehehe just found this thread... I have next to no muscle (I'm 5' 10") and can lift it up with the spare wheel and back seats in! But the rest is stripped... Just got to stand with your back to the car, arms straight and legs bent, then stand up!

Lol yeah, most small cars i can pick up, some even bigger ones. I picked the wheel off the ground on a Audi a6 the other day at work well lighter than i expected but the lightest car ive ever picked up has got to be a Pug 106 really easy to turn around and wedge between 2 posts :p

i remeber doing that way back on my mates k10, hi sister had blocked him on his drive so we moved the k10 so he could get out funny times! :p

somone at work spun my car arround in the carpark the other day.... wondered what the hell went on..haha

if you let down the tyres on one side and lift the other you can flip it right over, i did it to a sierra to get the exhaust off.

lol, after i showed it to a mate, him and a colleague went and turned my car around...... gits...lol

Yea, this has happened a lot to my k10.. I'm just waiting for one of my arches to shatter on someone haha.. It'll cost them an arm and a leg to replace considering I live in Canada, and the closest 2dr parts car is in another province hahaha

Back