1.0 K11, free to good home. Just pick her up.

Hey all,
I have not posted in this forum for an absolute age. But glad to see it is still going strong!

Bit of a long story short, but we have had a 1999 V Reg K11 1.0 Red in our family since 2001.
It was originally my grandfathers, who bought in new. Sadly he passed not long after purchase, but it stayed a loyal little 'donkey' in the family, first being passed to my Uncle and Aunt as a second car and being used to teach his children to drive. It was then passed onto me when I registered to this forum and did some subtle modifications which made the car more fun to drive; (Avon Exhaust (since removed), 35mm drop (still on), Sparco Gear knob (still on), Magnecor Red Ignition Leads (still on), Almera Airbox and K&N Filter (both still present), Almera 14'' alloys (still fitted).
It then passed onto my sister for a year or two, who used it to commute to the train station, then to my Mum as a dog walking car (no doggy smells) and then back to me when I was hard up.

During her life she has NEVER let us down, proving as reliable as all Japanese products are lauded to be.
However mid last years, she did not sail through the MoT as usual and time caught up, so she needed some work to pass. Nothing major and rust was not mentioned on the MoT (although she does have some as it's 20 years old), Stop lamps needed sorting, washer bottle leaking, jets misaligned, hazard light switch needed sorting, brake imbalances, driver shaft boots split, track rod end cover and ball joint needed sorting, shocks needed replacing at rear.

Nothing catastrophic. I bought many of the parts to do the jobs, but only got as far as the rear shocks and then I moved to a job in the city and the micra just got a bit left behind and started to look a little sad.

I have come to the conclusion that it is time to move on as I don't have the time to sort her out. But because we have loved the car and she had never let us down in the family, I can't bring myself to ring the scrapyard and get her towed away. Also the engine is still very strong and has only covered 51, 766 at point of the MoT in 2019. Leave her for months, starts first time everytime..

So basically she is free to anyone who is willing to come down to Woking in Surrey and pick her up. All parts will be included. I would rather she went to a good home and I need to free up space where I live.

As my Grandfather fought in WW2 and was a fireman and looked after the car so well, I cannot bring myself to scrap her. So free to a good home.
Even if you only want the engine, I would just ask that you donate the remaining shell to your local firestation, for training purposes, (they will pick up the car) as my Grandfather worked for many years as a firefighter it seems somewhat fitting.

Let me know if you are interested via PM. I can send pics of the car if you let me know.

Hoping someone in the forum is seriously interested.

Best,

Alex

Hey all,
I have not posted in this forum for an absolute age. But glad to see it is still going strong!

Bit of a long story short, but we have had a 1999 V Reg K11 1.0 Red in our family since 2001.
It was originally my grandfathers, who bought in new. Sadly he passed not long after purchase, but it stayed a loyal little 'donkey' in the family, first being passed to my Uncle and Aunt as a second car and being used to teach his children to drive. It was then passed onto me when I registered to this forum and did some subtle modifications which made the car more fun to drive; (Avon Exhaust (since removed), 35mm drop (still on), Sparco Gear knob (still on), Magnecor Red Ignition Leads (still on), Almera Airbox and K&N Filter (both still present), Almera 14'' alloys (still fitted).
It then passed onto my sister for a year or two, who used it to commute to the train station, then to my Mum as a dog walking car (no doggy smells) and then back to me when I was hard up.

During her life she has NEVER let us down, proving as reliable as all Japanese products are lauded to be.
However mid last years, she did not sail through the MoT as usual and time caught up, so she needed some work to pass. Nothing major and rust was not mentioned on the MoT (although she does have some as it's 20 years old), Stop lamps needed sorting, washer bottle leaking, jets misaligned, hazard light switch needed sorting, brake imbalances, driver shaft boots split, track rod end cover and ball joint needed sorting, shocks needed replacing at rear.

Nothing catastrophic. I bought many of the parts to do the jobs, but only got as far as the rear shocks and then I moved to a job in the city and the micra just got a bit left behind and started to look a little sad.

I have come to the conclusion that it is time to move on as I don't have the time to sort her out. But because we have loved the car and she had never let us down in the family, I can't bring myself to ring the scrapyard and get her towed away. Also the engine is still very strong and has only covered 51, 766 at point of the MoT in 2019. Leave her for months, starts first time everytime..

So basically she is free to anyone who is willing to come down to Woking in Surrey and pick her up. All parts will be included. I would rather she went to a good home and I need to free up space where I live.

As my Grandfather fought in WW2 and was a fireman and looked after the car so well, I cannot bring myself to scrap her. So free to a good home.
Even if you only want the engine, I would just ask that you donate the remaining shell to your local firestation, for training purposes, (they will pick up the car) as my Grandfather worked for many years as a firefighter it seems somewhat fitting.

Let me know if you are interested via PM. I can send pics of the car if you let me know.

Hoping someone in the forum is seriously interested.

Best,

Alex
Hi Alex,

I am new member to the forum (joined today!) but have been reading it extensively for the last few weeks. I am looking to build a cheap, road legal, entry level hillclimb car and would love the opportunity to keep the Micra on the road. I am based in Suffolk, but happy to travel with a trailer to come collect, should it still be available and I a worthy recipient.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kind regards,

BRG With Envy (also an Alex)

Hi Alex,

I am new member to the forum (joined today!) but have been reading it extensively for the last few weeks. I am looking to build a cheap, road legal, entry level hillclimb car and would love the opportunity to keep the Micra on the road. I am based in Suffolk, but happy to travel with a trailer to come collect, should it still be available and I a worthy recipient.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kind regards,

BRG With Envy (also an Alex)
Hi Alex,
Drop me a PM and we can chat further.
Sounds good.
Thanks for getting in touch.
Alex

Back