How good should the road handling be??

I only ask, having only cleaned out my shreddies a short time ago, because the Micra span out on a roundabout last night!!o_O o_O :devil: o_O

It had just rained so the roads were a little wet..the sun was shining and I wasn't speeding...I kid you not, I was just driving normally around the roundabout I've driven around a thousand times before...and then the front end started to go, followed by my ring, followed by the backend...cue the magic roundabout theme tune...and I was sat at 90 deg to the traffic having done a 270??

Wouldn't have been so bad but I'd just gone into the right hand lane to go around so slllooow oldies....so slow in fact that I'd gone past them span 270 and come to a complete stop before they passed me! With that .... young boy racers..wouldn't have happened in my day...look in their eyes. I just raised my hands in a ' wasn't my fault' jesture.:blush: :blush:

Grease/fuel on the road or does the micra give a little in the wet?? Is the back end a little light when pushed? There's about 4mm tread alround and pressures are ok..the rear shocks have been changed within the last year. She shouldn't have just gone like that, should she??

I've lost a bit of faith in the old girl..and the micra too. :laugh: Oh, and she was in the car with me.

if it happens again stick your arm out the window dukes of hazard stylie:laugh: sounds like a greasy road to me bud foget about it

Did you apply the brakes at all? Normally if it's wet and you steer, the car will just understeer and continue going forwards! My Yoko's used to do that (even in the dry)

Sounds very strange the car would spin round to that degree with nothing else involved.

most probably deisel spillage on the road, it'll turn the road into an ice rink. very dangerous and quite common thanks to all the lorries, scary really.

Did you apply the brakes at all? Normally if it's wet and you steer, the car will just understeer and continue going forwards! My Yoko's used to do that (even in the dry)

Sounds very strange the car would spin round to that degree with nothing else involved.

Only applied brakes once I realised it was going wrong..front wheels gave then the back started to go, then I braked...forgot to dip the clutch and stalled it!!

As mentioned by others, I expect the likely culprit was fuel on the road..coupled with a bit of rain made for a slippery time. Either that or a carelessly placed banana skin !!

Either that or a carelessly placed banana skin !!

LOL!!

22.f1banana.gif

Going out just after it has rained is always bad news. I don't know if your car is standard or not, but standard K11's understeer badly and have very poor grip in the wet compared to say......a K11 with 195/45's and a full Whiteline setup. I have to be very careful when I go from my 1.3 back to my 1.0 K11 when it's been raining.

I'd just put it down to one of those things and just be sure not to get carried away in the wet.

Back