Please help - no-one else appears to be able to!

Hi folks. My mum (old/gentle driver/doesnt like the original styling so frequently rearranges) has had a K11 from new. Serviced and maintained religiously... Recently due to my father passing, the car (V reg Inspiration) stood still for 3 months pending transfer to my daughter. Upon collection for said transfer (daughter v excited) the dials dont work on the clocks. Now - to be specific - all warning lights work; LCD dims/lights up when headlamps activated; all other electrics work (EXCEPT FOR RADIO???) but the three things that dont work are the fuel & temp guages as well as the speedo...

the speedo jolts a little when the ignition switch is turned to activate the starter, but no other signs of life.

The guages all worked prior to this point and had never presented issues before. Assuming it was a clock issue, i replaced the clocks - twice! No change. I replaced the speed sensor - no change. I have checked the common earth - seems ok...and fuses all good.

I'm struggling now for where to go next. Is it possibly the ignition barrel connections? Might it be the ECU? My other daughter has a K11 too....and the ignition switch was characteristically faulty resulting in the radio not working (hence capitals above?)

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated .... any advice even more welcome .... anyone who has solved a similar challenge could be a lifesaver. The car runs perfectly well other than this - no trip to the breakers intended to get rid so if anyone has any ideas, i'm all ears.

Thanks in advance

Halsdad

Tried the interior light fuse ,that works the clocks as well and I once blew the radio fuse and made something simular
Woo check the audio and interior light fuses, what stereo has it got?

OK - couldnt resist it! Xmas day and kids in bed so popped outside to do a bit of fuse-exploring....and guess what? The fuse for the interior 'room' light had been put back in the wrong place....10 seconds later....in right place - light comes on and turn the ignition = fuel guage rises as it should! FANTASTIC! Can't get out to test the speedo and temp til tomorrow but - this is progress :) .... THANK YOU SO MUCH(y)(y) this car has been 'unsolvable' for 3 mechanics for 4 months+ and has cost me parts as in the new post - whether or not i will never know as it could have been any one of them that was faulty that then resulted in the fuse being replaced in the wrong slot - but its sorted now thanks to a gentle push in the right direction from this forum and 10 minutes of logical application. Merry Xmas to you both. I'll sleep easier tonight (and i'm not even joking!) Cheers!

Back