• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

she needs a hand

...i mite weld a plate behind the windscreen wiper hole and filler over...
My wiper hole was filled by welding a plate in from the inside then skimming filler over the outside bud.
I prefer front plate in the middle, keeps the car looking balanced if you get me :)
As for the handbrake, you can get black plastics for every piece that surrounds it if you want to make everything black? That's what I've done, but I've only come across one micra in the scrappies that had the black plastic and black carpets in it (and I think it was an 02 facelift facelift mate, which might be hard to find where you're at unfortunately :( )

1M9a4.jpg

bit more rippin done, not sure whether to replace the wings or not

My wiper hole was filled by welding a plate in from the inside then skimming filler over the outside bud.
I prefer front plate in the middle, keeps the car looking balanced if you get me :)
As for the handbrake, you can get black plastics for every piece that surrounds it if you want to make everything black? That's what I've done, but I've only come across one micra in the scrappies that had the black plastic and black carpets in it (and I think it was an 02 facelift facelift mate, which might be hard to find where you're at unfortunately :( )
blak plastic sounds nice, must search for it
il keep my hopes up for a facelift

progress was a bit slow this week so we put on our cowboy hats and got to work today:cool: . . . sorry bout large pics in advance
mE5qa.jpg

obviously filled before badly, the grooves in it were smoothed in places
lmzrU.jpg

one of the 2 screws, 3 rivets, part of a reg plate, filler and glue that held this monstrosity together
HqTe1.jpg
this was screwed on behind the crack
N4GM4.jpg

this bumper was filled, painted and filled and painted again:rolleyes:
G7rnA.jpg

all the filler gone
ckbS3.jpg

going for oem i used part of the reg plate again, dis was glued across behind the crack
den we melted cable ties along the crack to plastic weld it
7rFM6.jpg

extreme professional cowboy grill modification:p

So, the introduction that should have been made ages ago​
weve clarified that its an s model (pop outs, rev clock and such), its on its second engine after the timing was gone in it when i bought it​
i seriously like both jdm and euro style, i wud like a happy medium but i doubt it wud work and i can see a swing towards jdm coming in the future​
the work at the moment is filing in the front bumper for a square plate, finding out how to put in my gear gaiter, priming wings and filling holes on the bootlid and putting on march "nipples"​
reassembly then and time to think about paint and further interior mods and lowering ... way off in the future wide arches​
thats bout it for now:)

some slow slow progress has been made . . . kind of
kXJuY.jpg

front bumpers finished in matt black, jus need to get covers for the self tappers
9LMPV.jpg

centre console finished in matt black and lacquer
uzlDj.jpg

im gonna initial d a wing
pbPAL.jpg

more scrap yard finds
the wheels will be painted gold, the second spoiler is for attaching to the wrap around, i joked about it earlier but wit another spoiler payed for i might aswel have a go
the dashpod is glued in, but very gappy:(
the speakers are gonna be put in the original parcel tray because the one in the pictures a bit awful
considering the mid spoiler that sulur has for sale
now, thats all my news:)

some slow slow progress has been made . . . kind of
kXJuY.jpg

front bumpers finished in matt black, jus need to get covers for the self tappers
9LMPV.jpg

centre console finished in matt black and lacquer
uzlDj.jpg

im gonna initial d a wing
pbPAL.jpg

more scrap yard finds
the wheels will be painted gold, the second spoiler is for attaching to the wrap around, i joked about it earlier but wit another spoiler payed for i might aswel have a go
the dashpod is glued in, but very gappy:(
the speakers are gonna be put in the original parcel tray because the one in the pictures a bit awful
considering the mid spoiler that sulur has for sale
now, thats all my news:)

Ive always been tempted to attach a spoiler like that on a wrap around, make it a bit longer. Interested to see how that goes

Love the bumper! proper job

So, an update. not much has happened but im gonna put the foot down now.
im buying a compressor in the next week or so and ive sourced paint for 28 euros a litre. its single pack (tractor paint) but for a first timer im happy out.
i got march facelift taillights, the mainly red ones with small white part.
also got a new passenger door and driver doorcard, electric windys
flared the arches but in the process brought up a dent in the passenger rear quarter, hoping alot of pushing from inseide and a heatgun might solve it, may have to put in some kind of wedge
shes goin white. I kind of understood suction fed guns were better but in the shop, i was told gravity feed was the way to go. unsure.
the spoiler didnt see much attention since because its a **** of a job with no air sander, but it will be done.

in other news i won a trip to lourdes so im gone wednesday to monday, hope to have the compressor got in that time
so im still micra mad and hope to see serious changes in the next month or so:)

Spoiler looks brilliant :D I love it :D
Boot number plate recess looks Shweet too :)
I'll be watching :) cant wait to see your next plans :D

Chloe
X

Back