Serviced the car now oil is black???

hi all

I bought my first micra yesterday
And gave It a good service today
Oil,air,plugs,Coolant

I've drove home and now the oil is black!!

Now I've had lot of cars vtec's,turbo's
And everytime I've serviced a my cars the oil stays golden
For a while

When I serviced the car I used a oil flush
Because there was no service history with the car
And the owner claimed he serviced it him self but
I don't beilive the has been serviced in years because
The oil was sludgy
My question is it normal for the oil to go black straight away
Or is it suppose to stay clean to a while??

Advice please on what to do next
Thanks

thats not good mate it should take a few thousand miles before its brown mine drove hard but doesnt turn dark til 4000miles what oil have you used?

Not good at all
I used 10w40 semi shell helix
So it half decent oil
Any pointers???
Can this happen if the car hasn't been serviced in years???

If the oil was sludgy then could some of it have remained in the engine? as it wouldnt take much used oil mixed in to darken it all?

The only option i can think is if you run it for a few hundred miles or more, then change it again?

Not good at all
I used 10w40 semi shell helix
So it half decent oil
Any pointers???
Can this happen if the car hasn't been serviced in years???

the flushing oil probably did,nt wash the crankcase surfaces down fully, i would,nt worry personally, must have been desperate tho eh :eek:

I think it must have needed it
I can't beilive previous owners would
Neglact a car so much
Im certain the car hasn't been serviced since
2005 or more !!!
Do you think this would have done any
Engine damage?? On start up its really
Quiet
I can be abit anal want to change the oil
Every 5k
But years!!!!
I can't beilive it

I only change oil when the rattling timing chain gets really bad, I didn't change my K10 oil for 3 years (20,00 miles) and it still ran pretty sweet.
Micras tend to rust out before lack of service becomes a serious problem

I only change oil when the rattling timing chain gets really bad, I didn't change my K10 oil for 3 years (20,00 miles) and it still ran pretty sweet.
Micras tend to rust out before lack of service becomes a serious problem

yeh, my misses,s k11 has had about 2 changes in 10yrs, (mine a bit more frequently :wasntme:) but our sills and x members were injected with 50/50 engine oil and shutz on day 1 tho ;)

How do I inject oil into the sills??
Looks like both my sill have been welded up
Recently aswell??
Any tips??

with a shutz gun (a rattlecan of chainlube would do tho), the 1st area to rust can be accessed behind the rear 1/4 panel trims :)
i punched a row of holes in the top of my sills too (pics in my blog iirc), and blasted some though them

Your engine flush has probably loosened up a load of gunk that was quite happy staying where it was, which has meant like others have said there was some muck left in the sump and around the engine which has turned the oil black prematurely.

Buy a load of cheap oil and do a couple of oil changes after 500 miles or so, then put a new filter and oil in it should stay pretty clean then.

Your engine flush has probably loosened up a load of gunk that was quite happy staying where it was, which has meant like others have said there was some muck left in the sump and around the engine which has turned the oil black prematurely.

Buy a load of cheap oil and do a couple of oil changes after 500 miles or so, then put a new filter and oil in it should stay pretty clean then.

do you mean replace the oil without changing the filter a couple of times ??
and drive it with the cheap oil in between changes

Tesco value oil is the cheapest oil I've come across I think it's 10w/40 which should be ok, get loads of that if you're gunna constantly be changing the oil

yeah ive seen that cheapy oil
i think asda smart price is even cheaper !!
do you think it would do any damage running it on cheap oil for a couple of hundred miles??

do you mean replace the oil without changing the filter a couple of times ??
and drive it with the cheap oil in between changes

Yeah.

yeah ive seen that cheapy oil
i think asda smart price is even cheaper !!
do you think it would do any damage running it on cheap oil for a couple of hundred miles??

Keep the revs down a bit it shouldn't hurt it.

ok so just to confirm i change the oil AND NOT FILTER only for the next 2 oil changes

and then change the OIL AND FILTER ???
ive got time this weekend so im going to crack on with it

Back