Oil anti drain back valve

Hi all, having a problem with my k11 1.0 . I've changed the oil and filter twice, but if the car is left for more than a few hours ,the engine rattles while the oil light stays on,maybe 2 or 3 seconds . I am convinced that the oil is draining out of the filter . I have got 5/30 oil in so its not too thick. Can anyone confirm which oil filter to use, preferably one with a anti drain valve ? .

there is anti-d/b valving on this ransomes gang mower filter that i changed yesterday (the red sealing collar on the left) but not on the k11 fram filter tho
i dont think the filter manufacturers bother with them nowadays

PB130300.JPG

Its an oil pressure relief valve that is fitted in them. You will probably find your timing chain or intermediate pully bush has worn allowing movement and noise. As long as it doesnt rattle when oil light goes out then i wouldnt worry too much. Its an old engine. Its aloud to rattle a little.

nah, its an anti drainback valve, like i said

[ATT
nah, its an anti drainback valve, like i said

View attachment 36935

Fram Oil Filters Quality/Durability?

On cutting open my used Fram oil filter to check its fragment contents and condition; I noticed that the filter element end caps are made of a paper/cardboard & glue assembly, & therefore likely a lot less durable than other filters with normal metal end caps?

Hot oil under pressure may saturate & break up paper/cardboard filter end caps unlike the pressed steel caps used in other oil filter brands. Bits of paper/cardboard with a propensity to break up, have no place inside engine oil galleries? This is more important with ever increasing manufacturer recommended service intervals.

A little due diligence DIY research suggests few ISO/SAE oil filter rigorous applicable standards facilitating manufacturer / marketing brands race to the bottom in costs over standards. Professional motor engineers experience & comments on this generic subject & Fram filter issue would be appreciated.

Enjoy, as you won’t believe what’s inside a cheap Fram oil filter till you see it on video!

Reference: 1)

2) http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters/reference.html#fram

3) The Fram contents revealed a@

Approx. eleven minuets in video.

Back