My car as it is now!

Haylz

Ex. Club Member
Here are some new pics of my car with a few little mods.

got some front fogs fitted yesterday - aftermarket ones as I can't afford to replace the bumper as yet. I wasn't sure how the aftermarket ones would look but I like them now they're on, they're quite subtle.
Let me know what you guys think!

19-01-06_0923.jpg

19-01-06_0924.jpg

I also opted for the black sunstrip rather than the red - thanks to those of you who helped me decide on that one.

Not pictured here I have also added a hi level brake light in the rear window and red led's in the instrument panel.

Alloys are going to have to wait as I don't have the cash for any at the moment.

I'm pleased with how it is so far tho. Oh and I don't know if any of you will remember about the trouble I was having with my cd head unit a few weeks ago - well it was a faulty unit, I got my money back and opted for an alpine one which is ipod ready instead.

I'll have a boot spoiler to go on by the weekend, 59bhp emailed me as the original sale fell through on his spoiler so I bought it off him!!

D4R73N said:
Looks nice, Colour code the black strips on the bumper, and it'll be same as mine lol

I quite like the black strips, gives it a bit of a contrast with the red and also not many people (if any) keep the black strips on so it's different.

Nex - my boyfriend took the pics this morning but forgot to switch the fogs on - will get some more pics later :grinning:

thanks mate :)

it looks alittle different now, cos it has black rims... and the obvious next mod is slam it ;)

hmmm well those fog lights are the 5th pair i've put on cos they keep filling with water Grr

i have some new ones now which are slightly larger but they arn't on the car yet...

at night it makes the car look low and wide because all you can see is the lights skimming across the road :)

.... unless you're talking about Haylz's car lol, hostile post take over ;)

steve.moody said:
Looks good, v.bright

So where did you get them ? / how much ? easy to fit and wire them in ? :)

My sis bought me them for christmas (think she got them in Halfords) , as for the wiring, my boyfriend's uncle owns his own garage so he wired them for us for free but the lights come with the full wiring harness, relay and switch that's needed so I presume they're pretty straight forward.

update: Instead of starting a new thread everytime I do something to my car I'll update in here.

Yesterday I put on front and rear super s bumpers, laguna splitter with vents on front, solid laguna splitter on rear, open meshed grille with red and black nissan badge, 100NX steering wheel, primera GT headrests in front and modified primera GT headrests in rear,masked the headlight covers and painted the top bit red.

I have still to wire up the driving lights but not had much time so will get that done soon.

I also got some sideskirts from primera GT from the scrapper today (£20 for skirts and 4 headrests), I am going to modify the skirts to fit, I decided on these ones cos they are very subtle and not in your face.

I haven't got any interior pics yet but I have attached the exterior pics.

Let me know what you all think. :D

Attachments

• 20-02-06_0743.jpg
    20-02-06_0743.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 20-02-06_0744.jpg
    20-02-06_0744.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 242
  • 20-02-06_0745.jpg
    20-02-06_0745.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 231
hey Haylz, really like the grill, it looks top, are you gonna colour code the number plate light cover and door handles, by the way, did you find out what the problem was with the honda wheels you had on it, what was causing the wobbling?

sonic said:
hey Haylz, really like the grill, it looks top, are you gonna colour code the number plate light cover and door handles, by the way, did you find out what the problem was with the honda wheels you had on it, what was causing the wobbling?

yeah gonna get the boot handle and door handles colour coded. Not for a while though cos I've got a saxo spoiler to go on that I'm working on at the minutel, then I'll prob do the side skirts and take off the bump strips.

the honda wheels-2 of them were buckled.Not seriously buckled but enough for the car to vibrate.

This is coming along nicely. I like the progress your making with it. The car looks really mean in the pics showing the front end. Where did you get the laguna splitter from and how much was it??

I got the splitters from my local scrappy. £10 for the both of them.

I'll get some better pictures of them in better light with my digi camera, I took those ones with my phone and they're not the best.

Andy_S said:
what u use to mask the lights off??

It's not the actual lights that I painted, I have some of the nissan headlight protectors on so I marked where i wanted painted just by using electrical tape to mark it out while they were on the car. Then I took them off the car and stuck newspaper over the part I didn't want painted, again using electrical tape (cos that's all I had handy lol) and I painted the top part, didn't have any primer-had run out so I put on 3 coats of paint and 3 coats of lacquer.

Hope that made sense. :laugh:

ive got some eyebrows to put on but spray em first but aint a clue how to fit em to stay on :eek: lol

Andy_S said:
ive got some eyebrows to put on but spray em first but aint a clue how to fit em to stay on :eek: lol

did they not come with some velcro to stick em on with?

I remember back in around 1996/97 my ex had some for his nova and they came with velcro to stick them on.

erm if I was you I would just use that double sided foam stuff that you stick number plates on with, cos it's strong enough to hold them well and if you decide to take them off at a later date you can just clean the stickiness off the lights.

Here's the pics of steering wheel and headrests.:grinning:

Attachments

• 21-02-06_1122.jpg
    21-02-06_1122.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 21-02-06_1123.jpg
    21-02-06_1123.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 21-02-06_1124.jpg
    21-02-06_1124.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 256
the grill is custom... and i think the headlight brows r aswel.... best 2 get making them urself lol

runaway-robot said:
the grill is custom... and i think the headlight brows r aswel.... best 2 get making them urself lol
no its actually the light covers that she painted, i was wondering where she got those

babyboom said:
no its actually the light covers that she painted, i was wondering where she got those

yeah it's headlight protectors I have on, I masked them and painted the top bit.

I got my light covers from ebay for £10.

Is your car a facelift model or pre facelift model? If it's facelift model I have a set here if you want them,£10 delivered. The reason I have a set of facelift ones is cos the advert on ebay I bought them off said they were for pre facelift and when they got here they weren't so I have them sitting here doing nothing.

PM me or email me if you want them and I'll send you a pic if you like.

yep the grill is custom, I bought a second hand one from ebay and customised that so that I wasn't driving without a grill.

Thanks for the comments on the car too :grinning:

thanks haylz but mines is the pre-facelift one, well it looks great anyway, i might just steal that idea of the grill ;) about your filter and back cox, i got the k&n induction kit after i bought the panel filter cos i didn't think the panel filter made a difference and i also have a stainless steel back box, and together i think they sound amazing :grinning:

whay you've gone for the GT headrests :) if you got the idea from cisco's site then the pic is of my car, and i was using super s seats, they look really nice on super s seats cos they sink down abit better :)

the car is looking sooo nice, so good mods there,

with the splitter on the front:

1, did you have to cut it anywhere? i'm assumming you cut the ends off but did you have to cut the middle?
2, what did you do about the little tow eye cover? does the splitter just go along the bottom?

again looking soo nice, keep up the good work :D

Gotta say this is really impressive especially for a "newbie" (no offence to newbies) and it's good to see another 5 door being modified.

Very nice!!

NeX said:
whay you've gone for the GT headrests :) if you got the idea from cisco's site then the pic is of my car, and i was using super s seats, they look really nice on super s seats cos they sink down abit better :)

the car is looking sooo nice, so good mods there,

with the splitter on the front:

1, did you have to cut it anywhere? i'm assumming you cut the ends off but did you have to cut the middle?
2, what did you do about the little tow eye cover? does the splitter just go along the bottom?

again looking soo nice, keep up the good work :D

I just got the idea for the headrests when I was at the scrappy and seen the headrests in a primera so I decided to see if they fitted in the micra before I bought them.

The front splitter I had to trim the ends and cut it in the middle aswell so that the vents were in the same place on both sides.

the rear splitter I just cut to length and cut lots of V shapes out of the bit that fixes to the car so that it was more flexible and then bent it to fit the bumper.

and yep the splitter just goes along the bottom of the tow eye cover.

Back