• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

SaMmY's first car

SaMmY

Ex. Club Member
Hey, my name is Sam, im a 21 year old female and i own a micra obviously, its a white 1994 k11 3D L.

Ive only had a few lessons but want to carry on learning with my instructor and go out in my own car with my bf.

The car has a few problems like the heater resistor and the back windscreen water pump not working but its all things i want to try and fix without going overboard on the car.

Not really interested in modding the car, sorry to offend. Just want my first car to run properly.
Ive made a decision to try to fix problems for myself i dont want to have to rely on a man to fix the car for me lol.

Anyway happy reading ill try to update whenever i can.

aww thanks, I just think if im going to drive i need to know how to fix the car when it breaks down or something, yeah i wont learn everything but i can learn at least the basics and work on it from their :)

Well ive officially purchased car insurance and now im just waiting for the brother in law to sign the car over... im all excited lol.

And ive seen a really nice stereo that im going buy at the weekend and fit and get some car seat covers. Its all going to pink and black inside LOL.

This is where all you men think omg

Car Stereo

Car Seat Covers

Car Mats

Sticker for back of car

If their is any women out there reading thing tell me what you think lol :p

All my mates are going to laugh because im not a girly girl

Oh yeah and when the weather is better and once ive got chance to clean the car ill get some photos up :)

Sammy

i posted on here only about 5 minutes ago but it had links in it... it said something about has to be approved by a admin lol.... someone fancy approving it? :)

Right well ive not done alot with the car..... ive put a new stereo in it... but after getting out to the car and getting the front off i realised i needed the aerial adaptor LOL.... so now im waiting for that to be delivered... it now looks like someone as stole the old stereo caus ive just left it all so i can just slide in the new one lol.

OK this is the part where you cant laugh... i was going to get pink and black car seat covers but i changed my mind as the interior of my k11 is grey so ive got me to you stuff instead.... just the car mats and seat belt harness thing and a little teddy for the back window. :)

im gonna try and upload some pics now :)

maybe not gonna get any photos up soon.... bloody phone is playing up so it wont connect to my pc
:(

If you get free picture messages you can send them to your own email address usually and they send as emails with attachments!

Good luck! :)

James.

Edit: Also just noticed that post of yours that was moderated, I've now approved it! :wasntme:

i dont think its been washed in about 2 years lol... its very dirty in real life. but weather is that crap i cant do anything :(

i dont think its been washed in about 2 years lol... its very dirty in real life. but weather is that crap i cant do anything :(
That's nothing, my Almera in the same colour is pretty much beige now after all the snow and grit!

That car's almost identical to my first K11, ah memories :)

lush car and looks in great nick. once you've pinked it out take a photo of it should look great with the white.

I'm sure theirs a pink/black/white micra in Newcastle? any of you lads/ladies seen the one i mean? k11 prefacelift aswell :D

No but there a grey k11 painted up to look like the mystery machine from scooby doo, which says Micra Machine instead......is usually down walker riverside at Duco works ;)

ah ive changed my mind about all the pink stuff, ive just got a few Me To You Bear grey stuff, with the interior being grey it all matches lol.

my gf has all the me to you stuff halfords sell lol steering wheel cover matts back seat blanket tax disc holder rear mirror cover and seat belt pads and front seat covers!! matches the interior though :p

i never realised until i was buying stuff for my car the amount of sh*t that they sell in halfords, no wonder some people go over board on their cars its soo funny :)

Well my Aerial Adaptor is around the corner at the sorting office... i missed the delivery of it today because silly Online Car Audio are really poo and conviently forgot to sent out my order... been nearly 2 weeks since i ordered it, rang them wednesday had a moan and they sent it royal mail recorded delivery lol! silly people i wont be ordering from them again.

OK well i got the aerial adaptor and i then realised it was the wrong thing i needed.... all i needed to get was a bayonet adaptor which halfords didnt tell me that, why i thought to believe them i will never know. But ive finally fitted my car stereo and it looks wicked now :) ill try to get some pics another day. now ive just got to wait for some good weather so i can clean the car and make it look lovely :)

lol i cant spend anymore money on it atm unfortunatly i need to carry on paying for driving lessons maybe when ive got some spare cash, i was thinking of some white speakers though what do you guys think of that?

lol no, not even put in for my test yet, i done reversing around a corner today lol... but i will and i dont care who i have to kill lol.. will be driving by the summer :)

lol no, not even put in for my test yet, i done reversing around a corner today lol... but i will and i dont care who i have to kill lol.. will be driving by the summer :)
how are you finding parrallel parking? that was probably my downfall when i was learning (Y) good luck!

Nice to see you here sam.

Micra looks pretty clean to be honest.

If you can try and shop around abit,halfords are fairly expensive on parts

Well thought i'd best do a quick update.... I have finally put in for my theory test and once ive passed that i will be going to do my practical!
Ive replaced the rear washer pump so thats working now :) and im in the process of spray painting the arm rests sky blue! ill try to get some more pics up once the weather is better with it all looking nice and clean.

Well thought I'd best do a quick update.... I have finally put in for my theory test and once Ive passed that i will be going to do my practical!
Ive replaced the rear washer pump so thats working now :) and I'm in the process of spray painting the arm rests sky blue! ill try to get some more pics up once the weather is better with it all looking nice and clean.

good luck to your theory test. where is the rear washer pump located? i know the front one is behind the bumper bottom of the washer bottle. good idea about the arm rests yeah get some pics up.

lol the rear washer is next to the front one lol, was a bit fiddly to get it out but managed it easy enough. Yeah i will defo get more pics up when ive washed it again :)

lol the rear washer is next to the front one lol, was a bit fiddly to get it out but managed it easy enough. Yeah i will defo get more pics up when ive washed it again :)

? so does it have two then? you did it yourself well done.

lol yeah it does have 2, tbh my fella done it for me lol but i watched everything he done, and silly him lost a whole tank of screen wash as he forgot about a bucket so the floor got a nice clean :p yeah they are right next to each other though. :)

lol yeah it does have 2, tbh my fella done it for me lol but i watched everything he done, and silly him lost a whole tank of screen wash as he forgot about a bucket so the floor got a nice clean :p yeah they are right next to each other though. :)

ok thanks will know next time where they are now. i did the same got the screen wash all over the floor lol.

lol yeah mine was bright yellow so looked pretty funky all over the pavement :p and omg the ####in rain, ive been outside 3 or 4 times to get the armrests in and then back out as its a nice bloody day outside LOL!

Well Ive spray painted the arm rests and thought i best put a picture up of them for you lot to see, I think it looks quite good tbh... tell me what you think please.

And ive also took a photo of my stereo all installed and looking rather nice too :)

Hope you lot like it, as I'm loving the car :)

erm lol Manny i brought some grey primer from poundland, dunno if its for plastic but it worked a treat and then got the paint from wilkos... all in all cost me about £3.50 so not bad :) glad you like it!

Hahaa, nicely done! I was going to do the same...but ended up rolling both windows down, sitting in the car with doors opened giving each doorcard the good news with a can of red skoosh hehe...but then, I have the patience of a chipmunk and the finesse of a rugby ball going down stairs :p

Right just a quick update to say im sitting my theory test in the next week or so so once ive passed ill let you all know :)

Back