Rolling footage - help needed

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Hello,

I'm in the process of making a video of my car,hoping to include some rolling footage of it and some general video footage to show it off etc.

A friend of mine done some footage last night holding the camera out the window and facing the wing,but the wind obviously drained out any sound.

I need some help on mounting the digi cam in the car but cant think of anything.Obviously all rolling footage will be done without street racing/speeding (only acception is Santa Pod)

thanks

Tape? Or you can get some suction cups to mount a camera on.

I once did a small video with my SRi, I cable tied/duct taped my camera to the front cross member of the car, looked awesome. I had loads of bubble wrap around it to shield the camera, and to protect the lens I had a small sheet of perspex cut to sit in front.

You could try sandwiching the camera in between the seat and the headrest?

i've got bucket seats LOL

I could look into suction cups,preferably with a screw mount,or....tape the camera to my windscreen...haha...actually..better not.

Hm..really puzzled about this.could make a mount that sits in my bucket seat head rest and the camera mounted in that? Or mount the camera on the dash or something.

get a mate to drive alongside you with their passenger holding the camera out of the window on a quiet bit of road

Yup gonna be doing that once i get a day off and the weather is abit better :)

That Bike cam holder is pretty good,if i attached that to my windscreen the camera would be at the wrong angle,and dunno how i'd rotate the video.

I could look at the picture better and see how i can attach it to the dash so the camera is up right.

Thanks for the link Sonic!

Yeah either the bonnet or roof! Well i've ordered one so will have a play about when it gets here :)

They recommend using bungee cords,so for the bonnet will attach it to either edge of the bonnet.For the roof will strap it to the doors

I got a laptop webcam and strapped it to the front of my car, and connected it up to my carputer! was able to record straight to hard disk whilst driving - if you wanna go down the car pc route :)

Those bike camera mounts should be adjustable - not all bikes are the same are they :)

dont worry about the wind noise, put in some sound of the car afterwards recorded from inside or from driving past etc, its really not going to matter that much at the end of the day

most camcorders have a mike jack anyway, so you can wire a micraphone up inside. but if your camcorder had the slot for the bulley cam it would be savage. I bought the cheapest camcorder i could which works great but i was buying again i d spend a little more to get the few extra's that i thought id never use

Done some rolling footage last night and today with the Bike mount i got from E-Bay and works great! Just waiting for my badboy bonnet and super s bumper to be repaired and i'll start doing some more stuff!

Back