4G63T Powered Micra, help needed..

D

DragMicra

Hi there fellows

Iam going to build an Alcohol powered 4G63T rwd Micra K10 for drag racing,
and I just wanted to know what is the minimum weight someone has achieved
on a K10 chassi?

We are going to totally strip the car, backhalf the car( cut the whole rear floor),
Lexan windows, cut the doors, replace rear hatch with fibreglass.

I just want to know if its realistic to think the car will weight around 250-300kgs without engine, trans, rear floor, suspension etc.

We want the race weight to be around 750-800kgs MAX with driver.

Car will have a 4-link rear suspension, ford 9" rear axle, Powerglide 2-speed,
Mitsubishi 4G63 running on alcohol and around 800-900 bhp, hoping to run easy 8sec 1/4mile @ 160+mph.

We thought of building a Starlet KP61 first but I think the Micra is more fun since its not been done before (from what i know).

Yeah it will be a fun car and spectacular when finished, I'm planning everything now, will be the same concept as the KP61 starlets in Puerto Rico :

starlet.jpg

star.jpg

I used to have a Mk2 K10 with a stroked 1680cc E15ET engine.

Fully stripped,with no dash, gauges, interior, I mean absolutely nothing, PLEXIGLAS windows and a full tank of fuel, it weighed 610 kgs.

I doubt you will be able to get any lower than that without going to a tube chassis setup!

Good luck, but the chassis isn't the best for drag racing...it's way too short and very weak, especially with the target HP that you are planning.

Cheers

Dave

I used to have a Mk2 K10 with a stroked 1680cc E15ET engine.

Fully stripped,with no dash, gauges, interior, I mean absolutely nothing, PLEXIGLAS windows and a full tank of fuel, it weighed 610 kgs.

I doubt you will be able to get any lower than that without going to a tube chassis setup!

Good luck, but the chassis isn't the best for drag racing...it's way too short and very weak, especially with the target HP that you are planning.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave, But I wanted to know the weight without Engine, Fueltank etc,
and remember we will cut the car from the firewall and back the whole floor will be removed replaced with chromemolly tubing.

I know the Chassis isn't the best suited for dragracing but its very similar to the KP61 starlets with the exact same wheelbase of 90", and those starlets are running as fast as 7.2s now.

610kgs is that including driver or?

Thanks

Its probly not been done in drag racing but in autograss racing the k10 is quite a populer choice in rwd convertion

Its probly not been done in drag racing but in autograss racing the k10 is quite a populer choice in rwd convertion

Do you have any clue on how much the autograss cars weight completley stripped, I read something about 385kgs or something but I just need to get this verified.

My friends Micra weighed 580kgs totally stripped but with engine, stock windows etc.

I thought if a K10 weighs stripped say 580kgs.

-150kgs from engine and trans, driveshafts, battery, wiring etc -50kgs with fibreglass doors, hatch, lexan windows. and then 50-80 kgs when backhalfed = nothing exist from firewall and back, this sets me for around 350kgs.

Then we add 150kgs for ford 9" and 4-link rear subframe etc, 250kgs for 4G63,powerglide, and header turbo etc, another 50kg for random stuff, the 80kg driver = 830-850 race ready and that would be a killer setup :)

Car would then need roughly 600bhp ( which is childsplay from the Alcohol 4G63 ) to run mid 8-sec 1/4 mile times.

So please if anyone has real life experience on EXTREME weight reduction on these cars, please shime in.

So I basically wanna know if what these little cars weigh, when completley stripped to the bare shell, then the whole floor from firewall and back will be cut of including rear suspension EVERYTHING will be gone and replaced with chromemolly tubing and then dressed in very light aluminum.

thanks

well i had a totaly stripped K10 only the windscreen and rear axel on and i was bench pressing it with the front member on my drive. i no this prob doesnt help at all but i just wanted to show off :)

oh ye and the engine and transmission is far less than 150kg closer to 100

Back