Rising Sun filler flap vinyl sticker £3

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Here we have Japanese Imperial Forces inspired “Rising Sun” cut vinyl stickers sized to suit the K11 fuel filler flap (they do require final trimming).
I can cut these in matt (pictured) or gloss black (to co-ordinate with Micra trim and work on any body colour) or in Red (for white cars or those of you who fancy painting your filler flap white for the traditional effect. If you really want I’ll do ‘em in blue, green, yellow or white too.

DSCI0208.jpg

I’ll do them for £3 including the postage and packing. Pay Pal markbognor at hotmail dot com or PM me for my address to send P/O’s or a couple of quid taped to a piece of card. Don’t forget to let me know which colour you want.

Cheers Mark.

Sorry I suppose I should have put this in the original thread, the stickers are178mmx158mm. I've no idea if this makes it suitable for a K10 flap with some trimming though.

No Probs, Paypal me £2 and I'll get it on its way to you. my username @hotmail.com is the paypal account. Make sure you include White in the payment notes so that i remember whose it is. Cheers, Mark.

Both stickers sent first thing yesterday (sorry I missed the last post the day before). Should be with you today Guys, some pics of them stuck on would be cool.

Mark.

Hi Imarc, I've replied via E-mail too, I'm not in work today, so I wont be able to cut your sticker untill Monday. I will get it posted asap.

Cheers Mark.

not recieved it as of yet...post npot been yet though so still waiting :)

nope has not come today either :(

wcg daz have you recieved yours yet?

Lol oh yeah, i didn't read the post properly just saw it was posted yesterday lol. Still, you know what the post service is like!

They definately went guys, I'm pretty surprised that they haven't got to you today, I put a first class stamp on em, but I still haven't got round to checking the weight. Its possible I suppose that they have been demoted to second class. I've been sending stuff all over just recently and the PO does actually seem to have pulled its socks up. They still don't actually make the deliverys untill about midday though!

Rob I'm not nearly as far west as you, I'm in Chichester (about halfway between Portsmouth and Brighton).

Automerged Doublepost:

Right, I'm really sorry about this guys. It seems that the envelops I'm using (stiff backed A5) are larger than the max size for first class postage, though they are under the weight limit. So I have under paid for the postage. I think you might get a red card through the door asking for you to collect and pay the extra (around 40p) postage.

Simonh, I think its reasonable that we are quits on that (its your other envelope that I took to the post office to check the postage this afternoon).

wgc daz, let me know when you get yours and I'll stick whatever extra you had to pay back in your PayPal.

Imarc I'll send yours with the correct postage when I cut it on Monday.

It would seem that I have underestemated the ammount I can sell these for. The stiff envelopes were more than I thought and the postage was twice as much! Not to mention the Pay Pal fees that most of the orders need so from here on in the price will be £3. Sorry Guys. I'll PM a mod to get the thread title changed.

Mark.

Imarc, Yours was cut today.
Simonh & wgc_daz, replacement stickers cut today.

All will be in the post tomorow, a poorly little boy who needed picking up from nursery and taking to the doctor prevented me from getting to the postoffice this afternoon. Needless to say they will all have the correct postage.
Si your "club stuff" will be in the envelope too.
Sorry for the shambles, Mark.

Hey Mark,

Just so you know, the K10 flaps are approx:
W:165mm
H: 135mm

Think you could make some up?
Otherwise, would they look ok cut down? :)

Nexussteve, There would be no problem cutting them down, as long as the same was taken off top and bottom they would still look fine, the sides could also be cut down to suit. Thats basically all I would do with the plot path, just draw a rectangle the size of the K10 flap and trim it down to that with the cut tool.

Yep go on then Funky, £3 to the paypal mentioned above and I'll get one in the post.

----------

Replacements and outstanding order went in the post today.

Yep go on then Funky, £3 to the paypal mentioned above and I'll get one in the post.

----------

Replacements and outstanding order went in the post today.

payment complete , P.S do it in RED + GLOSSY instead of black as primairly requested as my ride is white so taht would look much better the traditional way.

so RED it be and glossy please..

cheers,
Ian - Malta

stickers arrived today....i am very impressed :D
thank you very much i will upload pictures today and show you all how it looks...worth buying people so do it :)

I'd probably go for black, its got some subtlety about it. I'm not sure about the white as that would make the colours the reverse of what they should be.
Why not mask up the surrounding area and paint the flap white use a red sticker. That would look pretty cool on a red car.

I suppose if you want I could cut a reverse sticker for you so you could stick the white bits on leaving the red showing. I hadn't thought of it before or I would have made the same offer to wgcdaz.

just got mine! neatly packed! DUMB ME, mine's got the key lock in the filler flap :< now I noticed....did you remove the filelr flap to install it or in place you fit it?

just got mine! neatly packed! DUMB ME, mine's got the key lock in the filler flap :< now I noticed....did you remove the filelr flap to install it or in place you fit it?

Mine has the key and I just cut around it carefully with a Stanley knife. Just took my time and made a neat job of it :)

Looks great on a white car!

haha I personally love a thread with pics.. hope same goes for you! I must admit mine's d worst fit from all filler flap stickers... but once the flap on the car I started to love it...

thanks bognor!
N73photo3665.jpg

N73photo3667.jpg

N73photo3670.jpg

N73photo3672.jpg

cheers and a great thanks goes to the supplier... I think this is going to be the NEW EMBLEM on our micras!

Cheers Rob, will be cut tomorrow, and in the post if I can, if not it will be posted on Tuesday.

Funky, does look good on a white car. I'd like to see a red one now on a sprayed white filler flap on another colour car. A blue car maybe that would look pretty cool.

I rate this as 3 from 5 in difficulty.. it seems so simple but it's not! I had it all stuck together..god only knows how I managed to separate the rays from sticking to each other after removing it from the sticker.....

just as a side point,

people could use this as a mask if they wanted to do a rat look with rust, or maybe keep the original colour of their car as the rising sun and then spray a new colour over the top and remove the vinyl

Sorry Matt Black is no longer available, the vinyl I was using didn't cut very well and I was getting nearly one scrap cut for every good one.

Back