review

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
their is this guy called hoodedreaper on here:grinning:
i see he done a gear box change,but hasnt review'd it? or have i missed it?
if someone can help me to find that review i'd be gratefull
HOODED sort it out:laugh:

hooded fitted a facelift 1.0 g/box iirc Z, which is quite a lot lower geared than the pre-face 1.0 (4.46 diff as opposed to the 4.05 diff p/f 1.0 or the 3.9 diff 1.3)

hooded fitted a facelift 1.0 g/box iirc Z, which is quite a lot lower geared than the pre-face 1.0 (4.46 diff as opposed to the 4.05 diff p/f 1.0 or the 3.9 diff 1.3)

What overall final ratios does one end up with there Frank? Are the 4.6:1 final drives coupled with the standard 1.0 ratios or are the later gearboxes totally different?

What overall final ratios does one end up with there Frank? Are the 4.6:1 final drives coupled with the standard 1.0 ratios or are the later gearboxes totally different?

same RS5F30 clusters i believe LR, just a different diff (was all in the k11wiki, but now gone :eek:)

this is the box in the SR (1.3) at the moment, Mathew ID'd it as the facelift 1.0 box when i went Oxford to get a 1.3 one off him
pics for anyone who is wondering

filler plug on the front
DSC00808.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

drain plug passenger side
DSC00945.jpg

DSC00949.jpg

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

DSC00864.jpg

its a type 30, but matt said you have to count the crownwheel teeth to determine which diff it has (74 iirc)

Quite an interesting find, I see Matt had one of these forsale a while back too. If they are put together with a 30A set of ratios it's quite a good top gear compared to stock. Will be a pig on the motorway though.

Our 31V box has a 74 crownwheel and 17 input shaft, so ends up at 4.353:1. Box to box you're talking approx 3800rpm at 70mph v's 3650rpm for the 4.46:1 box. The only benefit being the 31V is much closer ratio wise and the 30A box still sadly sucks from 1st - 2nd gear, (large separation), with 1st being pretty darned short as you say Frank :eek:

found numbers on it
motorway is a bit frustrating but not much motorway miles happening so just cruise when on it

DSC00942-1.jpg

but yeh the 1st gear is very short,but gives a nice thrust if the clutch isnt worn too much
it is coming off soon so i'll have a count of the crownwheel teeth and input shaft

it is coming off soon so i'll have a count of the crownwheel teeth and input shaft

iirc matt said you can count the crownwheel teeth if you pull the speedo drive out (and mark a tooth with a paint dab i assume) but i doubt if you can access the pinion without splitting the casing off :eek:

Back