rev problem

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
since i swapped the engine out of the SLX into the SR this problem still remains.
the car cannot keep revs below 2000 rpm, its always going from idle to 2k at the slightest touch of the accelerator pedal
this was not happening in the slx, it was absolutely smooth and able to rev anywhere under 2k revs, so i am assuming this isnt engine side but SR ecu ? or?
basically i am lost, only thing i can think of is to swap the ecu stuff.
the garage the car was at have done something very wrong to my car and wont be getting away with it :grinning::grinning: like they may have thought,as i noticed a k11 they were working on, and they problee swap'd my good bits into that car
suggestions would be usefull, thanks

That is normally how you can tell, I've had that when I've taken my motorbike in for a service and MOT before. Are they that stupid that they think you won't notice a difference with a car you drive every day? :doh:

i am fumming at this minute
you know how many man hours it took stripping SLX/SR out, NOT TO MENTION CUTS BRUISES, dust/grit in eyes mouth nose, as i was doing it out doors. ITS NOT ON ftw
now i have to change full loom on SR again, someones got to pay!

Just go over there and threaten to get Trading Standards and police on to them if they don't sort it out (if they've swapped parts over that is). Cowboy garage by the sound of it

i'd rather fix my problem and let them answer for their misdeeds to madam carma
thing is dan and everyone on here, i get on with every one apart from haters/slaters and mass ter baters:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: trauma :laugh::grinning:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Your comments are the best R-Reg (Y)

But karma will come back and bite them in the arse

its really bad , as i wanted to go round this wonderfull land visiting all you good micra peeps, tenting 2-3 days at a time around your areas so we could cruise bout a bit. and now just cause of,,,,,,,,, ah never mind i have already put these low life scoundrell garage way at the back of my mind

Just put it to the back of your mind R-Reg, don't let it stress you out or you'll get an ulcer. See if there's any way you can sort it out, go for a drive, get highhhhhhh :grinning:

thanks dan, good advice
youve cheer'd me up, AND SO HAVE ALL THE MEMBERS ON HER . i mean every one
if ed fusion gives a bit of advice i'll swap the loom out along with all 3 pieces of the nats system and hopefully that'll be that,
in any case this forum is the real shiznis (i still dont know what that means , sounds good though) hope it aint something vulgar
:laugh::laugh: all members on here are like kings!
i am going out for a boingy boing drive now as low revs jerk about

It basically means "the ####" (although of course it censors that word - begins with S :laugh:). It's a good thing if something is the the "shiznis" or "shiznit" :laugh:

Shaun, did you get this from Urban Dictionary by any chance? :laugh:

It basically means "the ####" (although of course it censors that word - begins with S :laugh:). It's a good thing if something is the the "shiznis" or "shiznit" :laugh:

Shaun, did you get this from Urban Dictionary by any chance? :laugh:
Yeah :D it's the best place to find out slang shizzle.

Reg - I can't help you, as i have no clue other than an ecu swap for the original :( or a remap or some such trickery!

Don't you guys remember this Film?
[video=youtube;6i0gKAmIIv4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i0gKAmIIv4[/video]

the driller and the thriller this kid just pull his willer
ok so this problem has been put down to a badly adjusted clutch cable, as i had the clutch engaging at the very top of the pedal it was jerking around, now my cable is slack clutch engages at the floor now and no or minimal jerks
wicked,glad i sorted it before my Dr's appointment

Maybe adjusting the idle valve?

idle valve adjusted, dizzy cleaned, warm idle rev set to 750rpm, closed tps set to 4.2k and all sensors reading fine.
O2 abit sluggish.
with tps unplugged the low revs were more controllable.
my janspeed & turbo map used to have the same low throttle injector judder too but when i change to the stock map its smooth

Back