Rev counters

Whats the best option, get a new dash from the scrappy (would i be able to keep my speedo for correct mileage) or add one of those bolt on ones? Thought my model would have had one, all the ones on youtube have rev counter :mad:

Depends what year pre facelift u think you can alter the counter to match you current mileage but the facelift models with digital mileage you can't change and the wiring for the rev counter should already be in place as far as I know on all models

I have a 2000 micra on an X plate, it has the digital display, but i have not seen any model with a speedo, none at any breaker?

You'd have to check the plugs on the back of the dials are the same, as the dials in the facelift models look the same but usually have different plugs on the backs of them. I think the S or SE facelift models had a rev counter but if you can't find any it might end up being easier to find/fit a universal tachometer instead

Yeah the plugs are the same on all the facelift models and the dials with the rev counter are green from some of the 1.3 models

Oh and I think they are quite hard to come by and from what I have heard breakers yards charge about £50 for em I had a set but just sold em to al-shore

You'd have to check the plugs on the back of the dials are the same, as the dials in the facelift models look the same but usually have different plugs on the backs of them. I think the S or SE facelift models had a rev counter but if you can't find any it might end up being easier to find/fit a universal tachometer instead

I have a 200 SE and thought it would have had a rev counter:confused: What is all the face lift stuff, is there a list of what got changed in which years? Do i have a facelift model? I have elec windows, PS, central locking, AC and pop out side windows, so a decent spec but no counter.

facelift is 98, and 2nd facelift 2000 iirc

So i have the 2nd facelift depending what month in 200 mine was 'born', what did the 2nd lift get?

My daughter (skylar who used to be on here) reckons she had a digital mileage thing, sure my X's did too, both were S reg

Back