rev counter

59 bhp is more than enough

Deactivated Account
i want to wire up a tachometer (rev counter) to my micra. i was going to on my old one but i couldnt work out how because it was an old one (95) but now i have a facelifted one (t reg) ive heard that the wires are all there at the back of the speedo etc but how would i go about doing it. has any one done it before. any help would be greatly appreciated. oh and by the way im about the lower my car by about 35 mm. do i need to hack off anything from the bumpstop or is this not neccersary because it isnt that big of a drop.

Cant help with the tacho part im afraid.

But when i lowered mine, which was a 35mm drop aswell i didint cut the bumpstops and i havent had any problems.

Have a read up on titch's post in the diy guides "adding a rev counter" that should help you.:D

mines lowered 35mm, on 16inch alloys with 205/45/16 i dont get any problems accept when on opposite lock,but thats just becuase the tyres are huge, wen i have my 15's on there was no rubbing and wen i get 195/40/16 tyres they wont rub, u'll be fine mate

i got 195/40/16 tires on first having them with full tread etc...they did rub abit on full lock also slows u down noticably (try go 15's better overall :) if u getting new wheels)

but about the tacho i got a facelift 2000 with digi clock been told that if i plug in another digi clock with rev counter it should b fine so ive just been trying to get hold of one of those these days...

also now lowered mine 35mm on eibach springs with slightly worn tires its fine no rubbing any more

If you do what Zepher says tho, you will lose the correct mileage on the car. It's very simple to wire in a tacho, all you have to do is give it a power source, and then splicve into the dizzy. Its the blue wire coming out of it :)

As for the lowering, you won't have any problems., I've got 15" wheels, and have my car down 92mm at the front, and 87mm at the back, and i don't scrub one bit. Not even with the car fully loaded.

i think you do have to trim the bimpstops down wen fitting lowering springs,,dunno why or how much tho,,

i think "59bhp,,,,," is on about the rubber at the top and bottom of the springs...not if the wheels catch the arch

when i got my springs there was an instruction leaflet saying cut the bumpstops by ??mm can't remember off the top of my head, couldn't see why so i didn't.

:)

cut the bumpstops u mean?

its usually by the amount tha you lower the car by

35mm springs=cut 35mm off
50mm springs=cut 50mm off etc.etc,,,,

So what if you lower the car more than the length of the bumpstop?
Surely cutting the bumpstop will make the wheels rub more+the car more likely to bottom out, I could understand uprated bumpstops though

So what if you lower the car more than the length of the bumpstop?

That was one of my wonderings......no ideas unfortuantly, havent given it much more thought :)

Surely cutting the bumpstop will make the wheels rub more+the car more likely to bottom out

Id say no, as the bumpstops sit at the top to the strut and will only come into contact if the suspension is compressed enough, if the car was lowered by 35mm then removing 35mm from the bottom of the bumpstop ultimatly lets the suspension move that extra before it bottoms out.

Having said that, lowered suspension is also uprated, so i figured it would have less chance compressing that extra 35mm anyway......and as i said above i didnt cut mine, as i thought id see what happened and then uprate if need be.

Kris.

I'm on my second micra and had my last one lowered 30mm. I'm not sure if i should go lower this time (strain on the standard shocks e.t.c) or just go with a simple 35mm drop?:upside::upside:

wel i cut mine :),,lowerd 50mm i think lol dont even know how short they are
heres how it looked if you havent seen them already
[attachment=1590]
[attachment=1591]
[attachment=1592]
[attachment=1593]

thats wiv 14" wheels and 50profile tyres

looks canny low. :)

Take you'll have removed roughly about half the bumpstop, with the amount of drop....possibly a wise decision.

if you have ever seen one,,i chopped to the first line:),,sorry i aint got pics to show you,

and cut some off the rear ones at the top,,i wouldnt say half tho,,was bout 3/4,,

im happy with it now,,whiteline gear and konis next,,

yeah i know where you mean upto.....sat and looked at them for sometime deciding if to cut mine or not...lol

oooh you'll like the whiteline gear, ive got some :) actually just about to order some of the bits i didnt originally.

yeh i think that is really nice drop there rik but in ur opinion would u say its worth while to chop the bump stops then? does it actually lower the car that bit more?

i would say it does,deffinatly on the rear,as thats wots between the metel plate and the spring,if you cut these rite down you could gain 1 1/2" easy i dindt go over the top with it,,as they are there for a reason ,:)

Back