Replacing the coil - can you help?

Iv decided to replace my coil as i think that the root of my problem, but im unable to get hold of a haynes manual!! which is a bit annoying.

is there anything tricky about it? just remove wires and possible dizzy?? then put it all back together?

also how do you take the rotar arm off?? iv pulled really hard but it wont budge. thanks for any help guys (and girls).

cheers mike.

x2 :grinning:
the rotor arm has a side screw, and the other screws to remove the coil etc are star-key type mike
torx bits i think life is easy when you know how, there will be dizzy,e on here for sale no doubt or around 10 to 15 quid from breakers.....

O carp, well iv just bought a new coil :( to the tune of £50 :eek:

ahh well ill just have to remove the dizzy thenthe coil and put the old dizzy back :)

cheers for the info guys.

p.s no breakers around me have any micras that i can use and a nissan breaker wanted £50 plus postage and VAT for a second hand one.

its not hard mate, get yourself a set of torx screw drivers, whip the dizzy out, once you get it apart its pretty easy so see what needs doing. you will have to do the timing again though, easy with a timing light:)
good luck

right,dint go as planned. Iv managed to removed the two bolts securing the dizzy to the head and loosend the clamp but i cant get the dizzy of - this maybe because the rotar arm is still on, because i still cant remove it, i assume this screw is on the side i cant get to, any ideas???
Cheers, mike

Attachments

• SDC10047.JPG
    SDC10047.JPG
    274.1 KB · Views: 235
try giving it a few light taps with the shaft of the hammer to try and free it, other alternative would be to remove the clamp all together.

Back