Repair Dents

A

acidman56

I have few wee dents on my k10 and also the paint has started to crack and rust,,How would i go about repairing this?

i recomend you buy this book:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1850104794/qid%3D1113340537/202-8242625-1715041
helped me no end, with the rust its a case of rubbing it down to the bare metal and respriaying, the dents can be delt with with a tub of p38 filler :slm:

Can't you just push the dents out? Obviously depending on where they are... Doors, some of the rear quarter panel & wing should be accessible if you remove the interior trim/wheel arch liners. Would have thought that would be less time and effort and a more satisfactory result but haven't tried it personally...

Herr_spl1ff said:
Can't you just push the dents out?
Problem with small dents is that generally the metal has been stretched when it was deformed - so pushing it out (or pulling using a screw/sucker) will result in a bump, which you can't sort out with filler really.

acidman56 said:
I have few wee dents on my k10 and also the paint has started to crack and rust,,How would i go about repairing this?

Where abouts do you live?
I have a friend who runs his own dent removal company in the north Lancs - lower Scotland area. He does a great job, i think its about £30 per dent.
If your interested let me know and i can give you his work number...

edzmen said:
acidman56 said:

Where abouts do you live?
I have a friend who runs his own dent removal company in the north Lancs - lower Scotland area. He does a great job, i think its about £30 per dent.
If your interested let me know and i can give you his work number...

Its a shame i dont live nearer scotland!! Can anyone recommend any companies down south? theres loads on Yell.com but if you've got any experience with companies than that would be better. I've got one in my rear arch that has to go!

Arnold

Cheerz Ladz,,not really wantin to spent alot of money onit,, just want to catch the rust before it starts, cheerz anyway,, I live in Greenock Scotland By the way,, its near glasgow.

Back