OMG- Body repair quote

M

m1ck97

I mentioned I had a couple of dents in my two passenger doors. Today I went to a "reasonably cheap" body repair shop to get a quote as to how much it would cost to repair the dents.

Estimated at £350 :wow:

Seriously I thought it shouldnt cost any more than £200 - even then I'd contemplate whether it would be worth repairing. Does this seem like an accurate price to you? I could buy 2 doors for that price.

Here are a few pics, on my nearly white car. Its not been worth cleaning due to the gritt and rain on the road.

image000027pt.jpg

image000032sr.jpg

image000044sf.jpg

image000050jq.jpg

image000069pk.jpg

These dents are much more noticeable when my cars muddy. So i'll probably have to wash it daily :love:

I also got quoted £120 to paint my front and back bumper white which is slightly more reasonable.

1 queston though on my dashboard I have a digital clock, since I got the car it has never lit up (having a backlight) is it supposed to have a backlight? If so what type of bulb do I need to replace it? I'm dreading taking my dash apart to replace the bulb

Cheers Mike.

Not too sure about the doors, i suppose you coould try a scrap yard. Thge clock does have a bulb, i went to get the day from Nissan and they didnt even know which one it was, and said it would be best to get it out first, which is about a 20min job

I had a dent like that taken out of my passenger door and a few dents done on my passenger side, and re-sprayed it. That was done at the college where they didn't charge for labour, just materials. That was around £50 per panel so for my left side to be done worked out at around £140 ish for the whole left side as wing only needed a spray. But apparently there was over £180 worth of paint used on the side of my car, so if you put labour on top of that it's gonna be around that price.

I have no idea how to go about doing it myself. I'm just scared i'll do more damage than i fix. :D

true, cheers As I cant afford £350 i'll just have a crack over summer sometime. What would be the process to go about doing itmyself?

i could have it done in a couple days if i lived your way, you get the gear n just get me a pint n its squits! bit far away tho! my mate got all his clio bits (bumpers,spoiler thing and bumpstrips) done for 50 quid, top job n all and it was a metalic ginger paint aswell!

the door dents shud pull out with a dent puller a.k.a a glass lifter/carrier. thats wot it looks like from here, may be more damage. as for the wing, its just a case of reshaping the arch with tha bodge, its simple but then again ive dun a shed load lol. give it a werl mate, nowt to loose!

First thing you should do before anything is buy a haynes manual on bodywork repair. It will be the best money you ever spent.

JayY said:
Not too sure about the doors, i suppose you coould try a scrap yard. Thge clock does have a bulb, i went to get the day from Nissan and they didnt even know which one it was, and said it would be best to get it out first, which is about a 20min job
I've done this myself, it's a standard intrument panel one, I got a pack of them (what's so wrong about selling them individually?) from Motor world and it went straight it. If I remember correctly, it's either the bottom right bulb or the bottom right brown holder (mine came with a mixture of blue and brown holders, dunno if it's the same on everybody's). There's a couple of screws and some clip type efforts that hold the instrument panel cowling on but I found I had to loosen some of the steering column cover to get at one of them properly (that wasn't in the Haynes manual).

Back