rear windscreen wiper

Its becuase of the spec/trim that you buy when its new, the k10s were the same...they do a bog standard model etc which doesnt feature some of the extra, and that was one of them...

You can do it on the k10 by getting one from the scrappies, but you have to cut a hole in the boot etc, im guessing you have to do the same on the k11?

P.s wrong section ;)

hi there, my micra didnt come with a rear wiper. i fitted one myself. a hole has to be cut in the boot, i made a plywood template, using the wiper mount plate, and this ensured the hole was exactly where it neede
id to be. i used a switch from a k10 (i have a k11), and this mounts perfectly in the blank in the dash surround. i tried different wiring combo's with a 9v battery on the work bench, to get the switch functioning correctly, and the wires correct.
mounted the swich, and the motor. ran the wires through the car, earthed the motor to the tailgate.
to run the wires from the car body, to the tailgate, use a rubber grommit from the donor car, and remove the blanks from your car, and it will all fit into place.
parts required from the donor car - motor (faclift is best, horizontal park position), k10 switch, wiper arm, gromit for the hole, wire, and grommit for between the tailgate and car, for wires to run through.

sorry this is so long winded, but just to let you know it can be done, and how i did it. rear wash is next on the agenda for me...

Back