Rear wheel spacing

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
What sort of width spacers are folk using on the rear to get the wheel rim, tyre wall in the same position relitive to the arch as it is on the front?

I've got about 10-15mm to play with on my current long studs, but it doesn't look to be quite enough. What are others experiences?

If you're on about getting the rears inline with the front then im pretty sure its about 30mm.. but dont quote me on that one..

according to autodata the track is 1360mm on the front and 1325mm on the rear mark, and my misses,s k11 looks ok with a 25mm offset on the front, and 2mm offset on the n/s rear, and 10mm offset on the o/s/r (stock camber f+r) :)

Ive put 3mm spacers on the rears of mine and the difference is much less noticable now. Not bang on but it helps.

ive got 20mm on the back and its not inline yet, another 10 each side would probably be it where as the front 20mm is fine, if the cars too low it will scrub the arch as thats what mines is doing

Cheers for the responses guys. If the autodata is correct then its only a 35mm difference, so 15mm each side should be pretty much bang on.

Prehaps its the shape of the rear wing/arch lip that make it look like even more is needed stani. Its how the wheel and tyre sit relative to the wheel arch that is important to me so prehaps I will need to go even wider. But I think like I said in my blog, it might be just as easy to try and find some 7" slots in the right sort of offset, with the added advantage of some more dish to boot!

I've been hunting round in the metal store for some material to make some spigot rings, I think I may also have some large enough diameter aluminium bar/billet to turn up some hubcentric spacers in 15mm for the rear. Got to get the last week of term out the way then I can start having a play.

Back