rear wash/wipe

can i fit intermitant wash/wipe on the rear wiper as constantly pressing the button is doing my head in. i take it i wud have to wire a relay in to the system somewhere along the line but where? i have a intermitant wash/wipe relay out of a fiesta so anyone ever attempted this and if so how did you do it? thanks for any advice.

hia mate...mee too! ( a pain in teh but)

im in the process of producing a sammo-mod on the rear wash wipe circuit....incorporating a spare indicator/headlights combination switch to replace the wiper combination switch.......

with the aid of a super cheapo micro controller, a hand-full of source code and a relay (<edit> make that 5 relay poles...including ditching the regular front controller box) I'll have a multi combo front & rear wash wipe setup with variable intermittent settings for front & rear

(GRIN)

may be I'll do 2....(one for you, one for me....for a small fee :) )

hia mate...mee too! ( a pain in teh but)

im in the process of producing a sammo-mod on the rear wash wipe circuit....incorporating a spare indicator/headlights combination switch to replace teh wiper combination switch.......

with the aid of a super cheapo microcontroller, a handfull of source code and a relay I'll have a multi combo front & rear wash wipe setup with variable intermittent settings for front & rear

(GRIN)

may be I'll do 2....(one for you, one for me....for a small fee :) )
exellent. let us know how you get on.

so far I've drafted a user interface application for the stalk:

with a lights-and-indicator switch on the left hand side in place of the regular front wash wipe stalk:

"indicator up/right" = "enable front wash/wipe only"
"indicator off/center" = "enable front and rear wash/wipe"
"indicator down/left" = "enable rear wash/wipe only"

"beam towards dash/full blue on /A" = "nothing" (not used)
"beam center/dip or park /B" = "nothing" (normal position)
"beam back driver/flash full blue /C" = "command" (see below)

"twist off" = "intermittent" (independent front & rear duty...adjustable somewhere)
"twist 1st" = "normal speed"
"twist 2st" = "fast speed"....(where supported <fronts>...rears stay on normal <of course>

"command for less than 0.5 second" = (toggle) on/off.........[like a single mouse-click]
"command hold for longer than 0.5 seconds" = wash (until release) then clean up sequence

so far I've drafted a user interface application for the stalk:

with a lights-and-indicator switch on the left hand side in place of the regular front wash wipe stalk:

"indicator up/right" = "enable front wash/wipe only"
"indicator off/center" = "enable front and rear wash/wipe"
"indicator down/left" = "enable rear wash/wipe only"

"beam towards dash/full blue on /A" = "nothing" (not used)
"beam center/dip or park /B" = "nothing" (normal position)
"beam back driver/flash full blue /C" = "command" (see below)

"twist off" = "intermittent" (independent front & rear duty...adjustable somewhere)
"twist 1st" = "normal speed"
"twist 2st" = "fast speed"....(where supported <fronts>...rears stay on normal <of course>

"command for less than 0.5 second" = (toggle) on/off.........[like a single mouse-click]
"command hold for longer than 0.5 seconds" = wash (until release) then clean up sequence
sounds complicated to put together.

Back