Rear wash/wipe packed up.

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
My rear wash wipe has died, unfortunately its not the fuse. Any other quick and easy checks / common faults its likely to be. My multi meter shows no power at any of the conections when switching so suggests that the problem is deeper than just needin a new motor. The switch also does not run the motor for the rear washer.

Yeah, good as gold, there's two separate motors on the reservoir, so I suppose it could be the motor for the rear washerscausing the fault but I cant see that stopping the wipers or making the whole circuit dead. Is there a fuse for the motor, or does that use the same fuse as the wiper circuit under the dash?

sorry is it the washer packed up or the wiper motor
my wash switch packed up, when i looked in side the wiper stalk it was all broken,how does the stalk feel handle is it a bit loose feeling?
yeh the wires between body and boot have been known to split

It's the rear washer and wiper. It doesn't seem to be the switch, I just had the stalk off and bypassed it. I want to get it MOT'd this week so I think I'll just have to remove the wiper mech and get it tested with out. This was supposed to be a quick fix while I wait for the motor factor to get my CV joint.

true first things first mot then check.pain in the --s that wiper thing my stalk was the prob with mine but could be down to the no live you found

Oh well it's "fixed" now - there's a rubber grommet where the wiper mech should be and another where the washer nozzel should be.

Back