Rear wash/wipe switch

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
My '87 Colette is fitted with rear wiper and a washer nozzle but the washer has never worked since I've had it. Noticed the switch doesn't depress like the one I had on my old facelift GS. So today I found a new switch from a 1990 GS that does depress to activate the rear washer. Went to go fit it thinking 'plug and play' but the new switch has 6 pins and the old one has four. I was thinking the extra two pins might be for the rear washer and actually for some reason my car is fitted with all the parts but not the wiring. I can't believe that but if anybody knows of a common problem with the rear washer cutting out or how to wire up my new switch that would be great thanks.

Had the same problem. I will try to take a picture of the wiring tomorrow if you want. But I don't know how it is connected at the moment. I will have a look.
I took the switch apart to figure out how to connect it :D

Thanks aLLeKs. Did u change the switch in the end for a 4-pin (like what is in there already) or 6-pin (like what I got off a facelift)?

Oh I am so sorry, I wanted to take the photo 5 minutes ago and realised it was not the wiper switch which I replaced, it was the fog light switch. So I can't help you. sorry

Back