Rear Brake Conversion

Glen

Club Member
I have a bracket to fit rear calipers and discs too a drum brake axel what i am wondering is how would i do the handbrake?

Ive got gtir setup for the front so i was going to put the micra front setup on the back so was trying to work out how todo it all

Ahh sorry mate thought u meant using rear calipers.

If you put the front micra calipers on the rear you'll need a hydronic handbrake that you can lock with the brake on :)

Couldn't say Glen , one of the rally guys should be able to say I've no knowledge of MOT's @ H701micra

Though another option might be a line lock like those used in drag racing
Hydraulic handbrakes dont pass MOTs without the cable handbrake in place. Has to be 2 forms of braking. Cable and hydraulic

im not changing to vacuum brakes though Frank!!!!! although i have been wanting a disc conversion for the rear for quite some time. i dont suppose youve got a spare disc beam, or a set of brackets to weld on!

Hi Glen, i had your exactly problem!

Finding a rear disc axle is almost impossible, i've been searched it for moths in all the junkyards here in italy but nothing (But there are two grannies in my small town that have an sri with rear discs, RAGE.)

If you want to fit the front caliper in the rear, you need an hydraulic handbrake, but i dont think you will pass any revisions.

The most simply and unexpensive is to find the rear caliper of another car (i suggest you the fiat punto gt ones), made a bracket, and mount them ;)

Back