re-soldered throttle body...still got a problem

Jny*Jon

Ex. Club Member
So today my handy hubby cleaned and resoldered the throttle body to try and get rid of the juddery loss of power problem.

Its getting bad now such a bad loss of power that i cant go up a hill unless im in 1st gear!!!

It didnt work :(

We have decided now its time to change the back box on the exhaust and i dont have the time to look around for an after market one so got one for £29 :) He says the one on the car seems to be so blocked with the baffles shredding that , that may be the problem?? Anyone know if this is the case. Im getting a little upset now and worried that there is something more seriously wrong but i have no idea what. Hubby says he thinks its an airflow problem so if the exhaust does n9ot solve it then the airflow thingy might but im just a little down in the dumps that my new car may become a piece of S*** :(

Pic below of my shiney new backbox

Jen xx

it wont add pic! oh well if it dont work this time then stuff it! you all know what one looks like anyway lol

Attachments

• IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 203
If one or more of the corroded bafles have bunched up over a hole in the box or collapsed into a large lump, it could cause the symptoms (I'm guessing) :).

black box recorder?
oh back box - i had a failing clutch do that on me,lots of judders low gears uphill

Back