Throttle body problem?

hello all, I previously requested some help for various problems which seemed to boil down to the throttle body re soldering issue. I had completely random stalling and loss of power when pressing accelerator. I've tried re soldering to no avail ( but I think Now I just didn't do it correctly) so just got a secondhand throttle body which was recently installed. However, I still have the problem!!, it's seem to happen most on days which are raining or damp, what's going on, have I just bought a duff throttle body, I am guilty of running the car til it's almost empty before filling up so could it just a blockage somewhere? Thanks for any suggestions. It's a 99 k11 1.0.

Running until nearly empty is a big no, no, asking for trouble.
Change your fuel filter, and see what happens.
Yes, it can be a faulty TB, that happened to me....just bought another, and fixed.

thanks for the heads up and advice, I'll try the fuel filter first. I did keep my old throttle body so I could look into properly soldering it and refitting too. if I'm gonna change the dizzy cap should I fit a new rotor arm too? Can't hurt I guess

So I changed the fuel filter at the weekend. The car had been fine before the weekend and for a few days after but the problem is back this afternoon ( it's been raining). It started up fine but I could hear something wasn't quite right, if I gently squeeze the accerlator it's fine but give it some revs and it immediately wants to stall. It didnt happen every time I pushed accelerator but was frequent enough to not want to drive it and get caught out. I'll have to wait till the weekend to get the new dizzy cap, leads etc fitted so maybe the problem will be solved then. Cheers

Last edited:
Sorry for not being up to date on me own thread, I've finally change dizzy cap, rotor arm and ht leads. All is running well at the minute but with some rain forecast this weekend only time will tell if it's sorted. I'm in the throttle body camp too but we'll see. Just one more thing, my local garage charged 70 quid to change my Tb originally, this to me sounds expensive given it shouldn't take long. is this about right, I'm too scared to change it myself, cheers

Back