Rattley Gearstick Problem

Hi,
My new car has developed a rattle when im cruzing along, i have to drive with my knee against the gearstick (that stops it). anyone know what it could be? what i can do to solve it?

turn up your music :p i didnt fix it lol just put up with it and held it away from the rattle with my hand constantly but im sure when i asked about this ages ago it was a worn bush on the linkage??? wait till tomorrow and more people will post up their opinions

turn up your music :p i didnt fix it lol just put up with it and held it away from the rattle with my hand constantly but im sure when i asked about this ages ago it was a worn bush on the linkage??? wait till tomorrow and more people will post up their opinions

thats what iv been doing:D but its really getting annoying, i dont have a super load sterio anymore and keeping my knee in the same place for hours (i do lots of long distance driving) is getting tiring.

my dad said he had it on his old micra (also my old micra) and he said that he replaced the whole mechanism (shifter to gearbx) and that solved it). i think i will have a look at the bush that holds the linkage onto the box when i get chance. but if anyone has any better idea then please tell us!

Back