broken linkages/gearstick ?

CMF_justin

» CMF Member
ok so i was driving the micra very hard up a hill...once i reached the top i noticed gearstick had gone extremely sloppy..now after driving home its making all kinds of bad noises....like a broken linkage or pivot point gearstick moves in a cirle when in neutral and if i take my foot off accelerator in 1st/2nd the gearstick moves a good inch an a half forwards and backwards by itself...any ideas as to what ive broken...its not a return spring as it still centres itself but has alot and i mean alot more movement then normal...cheers justin

CMF_justin

» CMF Member
haha yeah it was up old willunga hill...need better tires and some coilovers and i'll be set...work it out guys it was the linkage next to rear mount....bush and nut and washer are gone....temped it up with a bush from a hilux we had at work and a nut a spring washer and a nice size washer so its all good till i can get the correct item....wheres the best place to get said bush and maybe all new enigne mounts

CMF_AB-NRML

» CMF Member
Dunno about where you are but my local Nissan dealerships parts department can get almost any part for my 260z, hr31 and micra... sometimes for cheaper than repco.. sometimes stupidly expensive but almost always available.

Back