Rare finds, 180ps march on tsukuba

CMF_jdc5r

» CMF Member
The good cars are always the hardest to find. Pretty impossible finding more pics of this car as owner only posted 2-3 photos or so. After mucking around for AGES i found some clips of this 180ps cg13de powered March going around tsukuba. Best laptime he has achieved is a very respectable 1.06 on the tc2000 course.

3.jpg

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Ohh so THAT micra is the one in that vid. Yom sent it to me the other day on MSN. Was quite impressed :) By the way, the vid's been up since the 18th, don't know why you'd need to wait to see it...

---dens

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Vid was a bit of fun, full cage but still has the essential cup holders on the dash. (I want them) Shame it ended so soon, I was wondering what those two cars it caught up to were. White Caldina GTT?
Any more photos of the engine?

CMF_jdc5r

» CMF Member
the car runs a full nismo kit with what looks like mulholland arches/could be others.

I was thinking the car infront was a white ek9 civic type r. Abit hard to tell really Hmmmmmmm

cisco

» CMF Member
Ahh I know this awesome car.

It was at Mulholland when I was there.

I have several photos of it from my trip. They are all just pretty lame photos though, bits and pieces of the car at different angles..

CMF_jdc5r

» CMF Member
I scoured everywhere in japaneses sites to find what i could, didnt know the answer was right infront of me...........

cisco

» CMF Member
A lot of them are in old threads and stuff. About 2 years ago, possibly some could have been lost.. Yeah damn, I think one time when the forums died a lot of them died..

I got a few cool pics from around a few areas. Some of B-Crews shop, some of Mulholland, and a couple of k11s in general just from walking around the place seeing them on the street.

How about those extractors! That's awesome..

cisco

» CMF Member
I'll be there for a month in May again (yep extended the holiday) and am buying a new camera in Akihabara near the start of the trip.. So I'll keep an eye out for any awesome micras while I'm there and be sure to take photos.

cisco

» CMF Member
Ahh yeah I've been absolutely raping that site ;)

Even the camera shops here recommend going there because its better than any spec sheets they have. heh.

Cheers.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
This car is awesome. Inspirational to anyone contemplating a NA Micra. Mine is only 1/2 the car this one is - so far, anyway. I've got a quad-throttle body but it doesn't clear the brake booster like the Mullholland one does so it's a job put in the too-hard basket for the moment. The induction noise on this thing is fantastic.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
This might sound like a stupid question, but I can see the four trumpets for what seems to be the quad throttle bodies, but no filter is needed/used on them? Time for me to do some reading methinks...

I've got a few other pics of the car in my collection, I might chuck them up too.

---dens

CMF_MacGillaZ

» CMF Member
Remember the Japanese dont bother with filters on their turbos dens, so filters on NA, pffft whats the point :p Plenty of race cars here in Aus run without filters (looks at formula 5000s and older trumpeted classics) but generally only on non dusty tracks, and certainly not on the road unless you want your engine eating bugs and dust, tasty ...

Can get Filter socks which cover the trumpets from King Dragon, Unifilter, Pipercross and plenty of other foam filter manufacturers.

trumpetsocks.jpg

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Yeah I always wondered why heaps of people from japan didn't run air filters on their turbos.. Fair enough though. I never knew what the trumpets where when I was younger... makes me realise how many cars in the past have actually had no filters on their throttle bodies.

What're you doing on here anyway haha, didn't think you visited here. Maybe you're just checking up on me ;)

---dens

Back