Rant time

Why do people who cant use a motorway use them? just popped on the M62 to go down a junction and was go the slip road. motorway looked busy so i stayed behind the passat in front who was going 50/55mph. there was a car infront of him. i looked to my side and the car in the lane was just moving over to let us three on the motorway but youll never guess what the fella in the car infront of the passat did? guess or not i will tell you anyway, he STOPPED. on the slip road just as he was about to get on the motorway even tho the car had moved over to let him on to the motorway.

the passat just stopped without hitting the little merc and i must say if had standard micra brakes i would now have a \/w badge on my bonnet. there was less then an inch between my bumper and the passats bumper and now my white boxers are no longer white.

judging by the hand guestures and lip movements of the passat driver this fella is a now a EDITED who should SWEARING IS NOT TOLERATED

Rant over xXx

Bloody VW drivers!

I get used to it, driving too and from Bham always gives me an adventure, had an Astra toy with me loads, over take then drops back all the way up the M6, I just though it was funny.

Well i'll rant with you mate - similar happend to me - on a roundabout though!!

there was 1 car infront of me, i was looking right to see if there was anyone i needed to give way to (reading ahead on the road), when i turned to the front here was the car infront of me, stopped, what made it worse was THE ROUNDABOUT WAS CLEAR - no need to stop - lets just say mine and the ex's hearts nearly stopped as i nearly went into back of this EDITED

it makes you wonder doesnt it really - how do they manage to keep their license?!

why would you have went into the back of him? Not enough space between you?

it is annoying when stuff like that happens, but if you give a large 7/8 second gap like i do, you have more then enough time to react and stop.

The merc driver proberbly diddnt have a licence anyway - should have took down the registration and reported the car.

Ian said:
why would you have went into the back of him? Not enough space between you?

was probably a two second gap but at first i fort they where slowing down but he stopped, dead which, in the time it takes to think, hes slowing down, no EDITED hell hes stopped, and react, a second has gone. Have to give a gold medal to the almera brakes though for actually bringing me to a halt

i can top that dave - few years ago on a single lane road (bassicly a normal road but with an island in the middle so u can't over take etc) and a fire engine goes past the OTHER way - the goon in front only does an emergency stop for no reason...

I hit the brakes and lock up, skid slide, bump bang goes my head light protectors and my front bumper gets pushed in... when i asked the bloke why he said he thought the fire truck was coming at him - OVER A 2 FOOT HIGH ISLAND?!?!?!?!

to say the least i wasn't happy - at least u didn't make contact. :)

did you know that you are actually meant to stop if you dont think you can get on the motorway safely. it is beyond stupid though and even my old driving instructor said that technically you are but never ever do it.

If you cant sort something out in the distance you are allocated then you shouldnt join motorways at all ever.

well every where you go there will be idots.
as for slip roads my driving insructor told me they are for getting upto motorway speed limts. and the only time i've stopped on a slip road was when there a little traffic jam. stop start stop start. aaggggggggghhhhhhhhh. althought the same day i manged to wheel spin in the thrid lane.

i done the same on the M8 just passing paisley, i was sitting about 85/90 :blush: then this yellow van decides to just pull out infront of me, i absolutley 8h!t myself, slammed on the brakes, the scariest part was that i had just got the green micra and wasn't too sure of how hard to push the brakes without skidding, well i came up to about 6/8 inches off his bumper grr im now thinking about almera brakes on the front and converting the back to disc brakes too lol

try doing it on the motorbike, I commute 60miles a day (30miles each way) on the M1 and the morons ya see out there it's scary. Especially in the morning, still having their breakfasts whilst charging their safety cages down the M1 at 90miles an hour, never crosses their mind that there might be something in the blind spot (on either side!!!) I mean I ride defensively but sometimes you can't help but be in someone blindspot.

haha we get the same idiots here who don't understand that to merge onto a fast moving freeway you actually have to use the slip lanes to accelerate to the speed the highway is moving at.

However I'm not adverse to stopping and pulling onto a fast moving freeway from a standstill. Gives me an excuse to launch properly. :D

there should be 2seconds between u at 30mph... and more when u go faster :) nottrying to say it was ur fault. If u leave loads of room, stop silly things like this happeneing :)

no, its 2 seconds in the dry and 4 in the wet. Naturally when your going faster the gap gets bigger.

if we are ranting about motorways then middle lane idiots are my pet hate... why carnt poeple use the inside lane!!! iv now started perposfully undertaking and when they look at me i shout there is a lane here!! it winds me up no end!! especially as it can add shed loads of time getting to a bottle neck of 1 car in the outside lane moving at 60 then 4 middle lane drivers next to it also doing 60 meaning everyone else is cramming into the fast lane!! its not the person in the slow lanes fault its the pillocks in the middle lane who refuse to sit in the slow lane!!

Raceworx said:
if we are ranting about motorways then middle lane idiots are my pet hate...

Same here, and i've also gone down the undertaking route and been flashed many times like im in the wrong! If the left lane starts flowing quicker than the right one, then its because of all the idiots in the middle arent moving over.

I think it was yesterday or the day before i watched several people come on from a slip road and go straight to the middle lane, and just sat there for ages

Back