Rally Style K11?

Dazed and

Ex. Club Member
Well it turns out my new Micra has a bit of life left in it, so I'm going to start sprucing her up a bit. As I live in the middle of nowhere and spend a lot of my time tooling up and down dirt tracks I want to go for a rally look. I've got new wheels on the way, and I am eventually going to change the back box and lower the car by 30mm, but these are big jobs and I can't afford to do them yet, so I was wondering what else I could do in the meantime.

Its a 94 Micra Wave. I was thinking maybe some of those retro spotlights, but I wouldn't have a clue how to fit them, and mud flaps, but what else could I put on it for this kind of look? I'll be joining the MSC soon, so those window stickers will be going on, but are there any other things I could do to rally it up? I still have the bump strip on, would it be worth painting it along with the door handles? And what do you make of decals?

Ideally I'm looking for cheap things I can do while I save for the big jobs, but any big suggestions that could be put on the list to do in the future would be appreciated too.

Cheers

If you are going for a rally look, lowering wouldnt be a great idea as you need the clearence underneth, I'd go for a front sump gaurd as my first option!

That's something that had occured to me, and having looked at those pictures those micras looked raised if anything! Are you saying a sump guard would be a good idea in general or just if I lower it?

Those pictures were excellent. I wish I had bought a set of those OZ wheels, but I've got TSW ones coming in the post. Might spray them white?

Any thoughts on the fitting of the spotlamps or the spraying of the bump strip?

good rally cars are not lowered look at the RS200 !! you need the clearance!

take off your air box and pumb in a 2L16v vectra induction hose and fit a cone / viper for starters !!

as for back box careful you need some back pressure for MPG and power

i found replacing a chavs big bore exhaust on mine for a standard back box did just that and the car sounds..... like it has a race pipe on ito_O

good rally cars are not lowered look at the RS200 !! you need the clearance!

take off your air box and pumb in a 2L16v vectra induction hose and fit a cone / viper for starters !!

as for back box careful you need some back pressure for MPG and power

i found replacing a chavs big bore exhaust on mine for a standard back box did just that and the car sounds..... like it has a race pipe on ito_O

only off road my friend, road rallies and tarmac stages all the rally cars are wearing 18" slicks and lowered to the deck.

only off road my friend, road rallies and tarmac stages all the rally cars are wearing 18" slicks and lowered to the deck.

but then you can't really compare road cars to proper rally cars as they are going to be running bloody expensive suspension which is often height adjustable at the drivers hands.

it depends what you define things as. My Micra is my road car but competes in events including scatters and 12 cars - road rallies are the next step up from these really. There is no way I would ever lower my car on these events - I know how bumpy etc some of the lanes can be that I have used on these events!

Tarmac stages - maybe there's a small chance but just because it's a tarmac rally does not mean it'll be smooth.....!

Sprinting, yes I would think about it [if I could and is part of my forthcoming plans] because that is smooth and different to a tarmac stage.

hello
I have a fully prepped micra rally car. My car sits quite high for the forests! I reckon for a decent look but on the cheap fit mudflaps all round and add white door sqares. Depends on what you want.

here's mine-

Back