• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

K11 Rally Car

Right... After buying a car, stripping it down and budgeting for the mods I wanted to do to make it into a race car, I decided to go and buy one already done.

And thus I now own an ex f1000 rally car. Photos are now in my colours and I've already got a nice set of minilites and dunlop rally slicks to add for my next event.

I have got a 1.3 lump which is going in at the end of the month, but still keeping the 1.0 gearbox.

Updates/mods to the car will be quite slow due to various other finances but intend on keeping it for a while...

Photos - enjoy:
https://www.facebook.com/editphoto.php?fbid=17611369952&aid=2980&id=510829952#!/media/set/?set=a.227985537232336.61477.227980427232847

OP
OP
moleymolo
:( darn...

Will try and have a look later - might be because the album on FBK is a private one or something stupid.

Off to work now :blues:

Tidy car looks like a rallyschool one? Ive not long bought one from them too.
page liked on fb
have fun!:grinning:

OP
OP
moleymolo
Yeah, it was. Went up in March to have a look and after a lot of hassle - not fraom Rallyschool at all - they were very helpful, but having been told several things about buying cars from the UK, it took quite a long time to actually get into my hands.

Done one event (hillclimb) and was 8 seconds slower than the leading class car which was a 1600 Pug 106 GTI, so for an iccle Micra, thats not bad...

Next upgrade - 1.3 engine and 4-1 manifold along with new wheels and tyres. Hopefully get within 7, maybe 6 seconds of the class time. Then after that its £££££££££... :down:

OP
OP
moleymolo
Finished the season now and did the last hillclimb in September, managed to get a 41.27 second time which is just over 3 seconds off the fastest time of the class that day. Got a 42 second run with 2 missed gears - full chat in 2nd to 1st - TWICE!... (ouch!!)

Car awaiting prep for 2012