question about automatic transmission model K11 micras

Are there any common problems/things that go wrong with auto transmission models? Are they as reliable as their manual counterparts? (aside from the obvious slight increased fuel consumption, that is :D )

Also, how are rear parking sensors on K11s used by the driver? What I mean is that would you get a visual indicator, sound or both when reversing?

Just curious about that last one as some of the facelift models that I've been seeing on autotrader seem to have sensors, and hence, higher prices.

Thanks for any advice guys :)

Sadly the auto box not great (but great fun to drive)I've called our auto man before with slipping problems & they are not an economic repair when things go wrong.Last I saw was a facelift,secondhand boxes were big money & scarce.I expect the early boxes are more available..
The hard to get into gear problem is usually the bearings in the stick that need cleaning & lubricating.

my 1997 k11 has the N-CVT transmission... only 46.000 km, but never had a problem

and cvt is really better then classic automatic transmission with torque converter

p.s. using Ds (under D) u can also have a bit of engine brake in some situations :p

Sadly the auto box not great (but great fun to drive)I've called our auto man before with slipping problems & they are not an economic repair when things go wrong.Last I saw was a facelift,secondhand boxes were big money & scarce.I expect the early boxes are more available..
The hard to get into gear problem is usually the bearings in the stick that need cleaning & lubricating.

So basically you're saying stick to manual :D

Thanks for the help mate :)

Back