Quad throttlebodies - Matt Humphris

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
I got my car back today after having quad Jenvey throttlebodies and a full engine management system fitted a she is brilliant.

So a big thankyou to Matt and everyone else at Humphris of oxford for all the time and effort that has gone in to this setup.

The car looks, and drives brilliantly and i would recommend to anyone looking for parts or advice for there micra then speak with Matt.

www.humphrisoxford.co.uk/

01865 748000

Thanks again

Paul

wow excellent results and a really mint motor.

On a side note the nismo cg13 claims to have gotten 160bhp? Hwo did they do this? I mean you can't too far from them setup wise?

Nice! But i can't believe how much the power drops at the wheels!

Jabran. i'm guessing lots of money! A 1.6 can be tuned to 240+ hp if you can afford it. (N/A)

No, normal flywheel. I'm not sure the if lightening the fly wheel would be a short term gain long term loss, i use my car daily.

apparently so, according to a lot of people as it deaccelerates as quick as it accelerates?? so yeah im guessing you would use more petrol lol

Light flywheel would in theory improve MPG, although in reality it may be hard to measure.

Paul well done on getting it running, the transmission losses are immense though, this is going to be controversial, but it cannot be right.

Power in = 124 bhp
Power out = 87 bhp

System (transmission) loss = 30%

FYI its universally accepted that even on an Evo 4wd transmission, losses are only 25% and for FWD losses are usually around 15% give or take a bit.

FWIW I think Dave S K11 made more power @ wheels on standard TB (yet showed 105@ fly). You may want to try and get a run done on a dyno dynamics roller somewhere just to see what figure it pulles. Sun dynos are notorious for stupid transmission losses.

i know what your saying however i was thinking even if i get it rolled up again it will still drive the same surely may show higher figures but will still drive the same, wouldn't it?

looks awesome, i was impressed when i saw it in real life, well done :)

also those are some nice dials :D lol i must have missed you by only a bit because i went up to matts on saturday at about 1 and he said you had just left with your car.

but what he was saying about your car and the way it drove it really did sound impressive.

gonna look at the next run what you brung and if the weather is good then i may run it then. I want a day a bit like today for it. (its nice here)

Hi Paul,

I had a brief look at your car when I was at Matt's, very nice setup, (love the use of the 4x2 to make more room for the intakes ;) ).

I would be interested to see the Omex map, as I am sure Ed would also. So we could see the fuelling/ignition setup amoungs other things. Who mapped the car out of interest?

As Ed sais, the power figures are surprisingly low, (WHP), for such a setup. We're by no means being critical, it's a very nice setup, but the figures should be significantly higher than my setup. Chickenwanadoo was making around 95hp at the wheels on an otherwise standard CG13 with Tomei cams and an Emerald ecu on GSXR600 throttlebodies, I would expect an engine of your specification to be making 100hp at the wheels comfortably.

Anyone know where has a dyno dynamics rolling road in or near northants. Got a gear box issue at the min which could explain the big loss through the transmission.

Anyone know where has a dyno dynamics rolling road in or near northants. Got a gear box issue at the min which could explain the big loss through the transmission.

what is your problem with the gearbox? i want someone to try a 1.6 box

1.6 gearboxes have been tried before. Some of the older members will remember George who ran a 1.3 K11 on a 1.6 box with some hybrid shafts to get around the diff issue, (different splines).

1.6 gearboxes have been tried before. Some of the older members will remember George who ran a 1.3 K11 on a 1.6 box with some hybrid shafts to get around the diff issue, (different splines).

yea i know a couple of people have done them, but there aren't any current members with one,

nice, can see you've put a lot of work into this. Big respect for that. I'm with ed here though, i would have thought you would have +30bhp @ fly ontop of that?

i have blown the bearings in the gear box and its jammed in 4 gear. this should be ready and fixed by mon / tuesday. That could explain the power loss through the transmission, especially as its rolled up in 4th. So i'll get her back roll her up on a road near here see how the results differ.

ouch that sounds painful! shame that the micra weak point seems to be the gearbox, there is not much you can do to toughen it up...

hope you get it fixed real soon tho :)

ouch that sounds painful! shame that the micra weak point seems to be the gearbox, there is not much you can do to toughen it up...

hope you get it fixed real soon tho :)

Stick a 1.6 box on there ;)

I have a straight cut crown wheel and pinion from the challenge micra rally that you could make me an offer on! I would suggest in getting a LSD too that would cope with the power and give you amazing acceleration.

Micra is ready now so i will be picking it up tomorrow which will be good.

A LSD is something i would really like but not a must at the moment unless i got it at the right price.

I used a micra with the crown and pinion it didn't feel far from the setup i am using so again maybe in the future but not at the moment i don't think. Thanks for the offer though

really well she has power everywhere in the rev range so she is really nice to drive.

Gear box is a lot smoother now its repaired

Ok here we go again friday morning at 10 am she is being rolled up on a dyno dynamics rolling road as recommended and maybe some fine tuning if required.

We'll see how she does now, with the gearbox rebuilt i am hoping for a smaller loss in the transmission.

Right here we go, just got back she ran 128.9 max BHP which was nice, i will scan the printouts up a little later a long with some pics of her on the rollers

Back