Putting different gearbox in 99' 1.3

Hi all, sorry in advance if this thread is in the wrong place or its been asked a million times before, just thought it would be easier to start a new thread.

I wondered if anyone had any knowledge of gearboxes from other cars that will fit into a 1.3 99' micra k11? What I really want is one that needs less revs at higher speeds, currently the car revs fairly hard when doing 70mph etc. Maybe a gearbox off a more powerful car like the 1.6 primera would help this?

Thanks in advance for any replies

i think the GA,s use a higher diff (almera/primera)
quote from k11wiki

" The GA16DE has the same bell housing bolt pattern as CG, so can be fitted into K11. 31 series gearboxes retain all the mounting bolt holes for the 30 series gearbox mounts. "

http://k11wiki.com/index.php?title=Gearboxes

you may ? need the inner C/V,s to suit tho :)

Ah nice link thanks for that frank. Just had a read of it, it would seem a GA16DE gearbox could fit in my car, but looking at that table near the bottom of the page it seems to imply that the rpm would be higher at 100kph in the standard 1.3 k11 gearbox? How can that be so? Unless I have read it wrong!

RPM @ 100km/hr
Gear 41A 30A 31V
5th 3338 2853 3418

Ah nice link thanks for that frank. Just had a read of it, it would seem a GA16DE gearbox could fit in my car, but looking at that table near the bottom of the page it seems to imply that the rpm would be higher at 100kph in the standard 1.3 k11 gearbox? How can that be so? Unless I have read it wrong!

RPM @ 100km/hr
Gear 41A 30A 31V
5th 3338 2853 3418

i think the 31v (viscous diff) g/box would be a "close ratio" one imow, (and very rare), i think most GA,s use a 31a type :)

Back