1.3 or 14 k11 engine ------------------

I currently have a 1.0L engine and am looking to fit either a 1.3 or 1.4 (if theres one) k11 engine as a conversion, if i was to get a later 1.3 or 1.4 engine what gearbox would i use cos my car is an M reg and runs on speedo gear..

Also if a any of the engines above is chosen for the conversion would there be anything i need to fit into my engine bay?

Cheers, Thanks in advance

J

Hi frank, thanks for your reply, this 1.4 engine from what year K11 would it be from, also whats a CG head.... and if i fit the engine do i use the old 1.0L dizzy and leads? basically would it just bolt in and what mods are needed on this cos on a conversion ive done with my bmw was a 2.7 engine running a fueling system from a 2.5 engine only the block and head was used and everything else just bolted on to run....

Sorry for all the questions as nissans are a new ball game to me allthough ive been with my 1.0l for a year now and just fitted KYB gas shocks and 32mm springs, front springs i cut X2 coils and rears X1 coil giving it a sweet low rider look and does feel good when driving, bit bouncey but i can take that!!

J

the 1.4 (CGA) are a coilpack type engine, J (ie, no dizzy) and the head is a different casting, so if you retain the pre-coilpack ecu/wiring etc you have to fit the dizzy type (CG) head onto the CGA block :)

Hi frank, so can i have the 1.4 engine and fit a dizzy on it, basically take all my wiring, dizzy, e.t.c. and bolt on to the 1.4 engine and discard the coilpack? or if i was to take the 1.4 engine with its engine loom is it easier to drop it in and connect to start or am i gonna have complications?

Cheers again.

the 1.4 (CGA) are a coilpack type engine, J (ie, no dizzy) and the head is a different casting, so if you retain the pre-coilpack ecu/wiring etc you have to fit the dizzy type (CG) head onto the CGA block :)

you have to change the whole head assy J
and if you wanted to go coilpack, you would need the g/box, loom, ecu, t/b etc :eek:

mmmm I seeeee, if i co the coil pack route and the engine loom e.t.c. is it easy to wire up and also can i fit a 1.3 gearbox with speedo gear on it to use my dash dials.. also can i ask why didnt you go down the coilpack route frank??

Cheer mate thanks for your time replying..

One question what engine do you reckon would be a good upgrade from K11 as i currently have the 1.0L i want abit more ponies just to keep up with the traffic!!! 1.3? easy swap?

Cheers

J

a loomchange is a bit of a mission J :eek: dash out etc.
and the 1.3 g/box needs the bigger shafts and different f/w, clutch, mounts, gearchange etc if yours is pre-98
and a 1.3 engine only swap is a doddle :grinning:

Hi frank, my car is a 95 M reg, i think a straight 1.3 swap is better, cant afford my car to be off road for too long!!, can i use the current 1.0L drive shafts on the 1.3 and also if i fit a 1.2 gearbox would the accelreation be faster?.. one other question how long would it take to swap out engines on a rough scale?

Cheer frank!!!

J

frank sorry this is off-topic, pm me response if you prefer, is the CG13 gearbox the same as the CGA3/CG10 <1998 gearbox?

ta.

(obv except speed sender)

a loomchange is a bit of a mission J :eek: dash out etc.
and the 1.3 g/box needs the bigger shafts and different f/w, clutch, mounts, gearchange etc if yours is pre-98
and a 1.3 engine only swap is a doddle :grinning:

ffs J i,ll lend you my glasses :p, and as to how long it will take, how long is a piece of string ? :grinning:
and the coilpack g/boxes have a cast-in mount for the crank sensor dont they rich ? :)

ffs J i,ll lend you my glasses :p, and as to how long it will take, how long is a piece of string ? :grinning:
and the coilpack g/boxes have a cast-in mount for the crank sensor dont they rich ? :)

LOOOL, sorry frank, didnt read properly e.t.c. ok ill need a 1.3 engine for a transplant and someone to do it now!!!

Cheers frank,

Thanks..

J

Back