Problems with wipers.

Hi, k11, 1.0 engine, '97, problem with wipers. In low speed, wipers stop in middle of front window, after around 30 sec. move a bit, then stop, than after 30 sec, finish journey. all other speed work fine.

Today changed that little black box beside motor, no any difference. what would be problem ?

Thanks in advance

Ta.

Could be knackered linkages that are only binding at the lower speed, or as pollyp suggested about the contact wheel.. gotta be some way to test it with a multimeter or something without taking it apart first. Check the wires and connectors for corrosion before you start taking everything apart. Can be frustrating to start with the difficult stuff only to find that it was something simple.

Could be knackered linkages that are only binding at the lower speed, or as pollyp suggested about the contact wheel.. gotta be some way to test it with a multimeter or something without taking it apart first. Check the wires and connectors for corrosion before you start taking everything apart. Can be frustrating to start with the difficult stuff only to find that it was something simple.

maybe disconnect the motor/wiper linkage joint, turn on inter wiper mode and watch if the motor arm either turns 360deg or if it stops halfway

did that , motor goes 180 degrese , than stops, afdter 10 sec goes another 180 degreese. I have problems only when it is in slow/intermittent mode, when wipers cleans once, than after few sec cleans again.

Just did a quick search, it was one of the first results... but any idea what size the rivet holes are?
thanks twister for the image.....all is now sorted bended the contacts upwards and is working perfect. just need to glue it together now :)

thanks guys for your help!!!!!!

I don't think glue is strong enough. Should be reriveted or screwed together again.

I grinded the rivet head off to remove the cover.
When refitting, i think i hammered the old rivet pin out to expose the hole or i drilled a new hole. Retap that hole to fit some metric screws i had. Apply bead of PU sealant then screw it together.

Back