Newbie with problems!!!

Hi everyone

i purchased a nissan micra 1.3 inspiration t reg 85000 miles remote central locking, power steering, air conditioning (whats the best way to see if the air con is working or not)its the facelift model for £600 for my parents today however, it only has 1 key which is a nats key so not sure if this is master or not! can buy another key from fleebay and do i need it coded by the nissan garage or can this be done by myself. im also missing the cigarette tray aswell. can someone tell me which kind of cig tray to buy for this model as it is silver in colour with a weird interior design (will take photos later) i may add that when car is in neutral and i shoogle the gear stick from left to right i can hear a slight rattling/knocking noise as if a cable or something is banging off something :p

forgot to mention that this car has 2 rear speakers but they dont work, i noticed that the nissan stereo doesnt have fader front to rear....what do i need to check?

hmm my list seems to be getting bigger lol...... anyways ive noticed that the intermittent window wiper setting is not working properly, it seems to start and finsih half way up screen then after a few seconds goes back to start any ideas?

wow heres another problem....drivers door handle is cracked how do i replace/fix this?

if anyone posts replys can you answer my problems 1 by 1 many thanks!

apart from the above it runs very well, body work is good not seen any major rust bubbles yet!!!!!! interior & wheels are in good condition

i stay in scotland so any recommended garage/person who wants to do the key cutting please let me know!

did i get a good deal with this car???????????

kind regards me

Seems like a good deal depending on the mileage.

You should just need a standard ashtray. There was a facelift at R reg. I have no idea if the ashtray was changed. Try a breakers or ebay.

Have a google or look through your yellow pages for a car key cutting place and ask them.
I had one cut and coded for our old P reg at a key cutters. It was a pre-facelift and I don't know if the NATS (Nissan Anti Theft System) is the same as yours.

what type of key is this a square on with nats written on it does it have a red chip or a blue chip on the shoulder if you can tell me this i can tell you if it needs a code and coded or just coded if you get me

nissan dealer i would suggest that type of key has a chip in the lower part of the key it will need a code and then be coded to the car dont get a flebay keyfob and key you will pay twice had it 3 times this week already at work

so can anyone recommend a new spare key on the cheap and is there anywhere in scotland that does it apart from the stealerships?

regards

Back