Problem with my nut

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
Ok so my wheel nut is cross threaded. So far 3 garages have tried getting it off with drills and bars. Im thinking I know which garage put it on wrong in the first place but can i do anything about it? Its costing me for the new nut incase the old one snaps and Im worried my alloy will get damaged in the process.

What do you rekon I should do? Its in a garage now hopefully who can get the nut off and fix the tyre. I purposly didnt take it back to the ones who screwed it up because after a phonecall to tell them they had put it on wrong and them denying it they said Im looking at a £30 bill minimum which i just dont have to spend.

took me about 3 hours to drill one off, alloy was damaged slightly but not where you can see it. also needed to replace the stud

dani, if it,s a rear wheel, you can take the drum and hub off with the wheel (ie, remove the hub nut) and drill the back of the stud a lot easier :)

its the front one. I mean more about calling ripfit up and telling them I want the money back off the bill for all the crap their cross threaded nut has caused.

Back