Problem with my new wheels?

Haylz

Ex. Club Member
Been having some problems with the wheels today. There seems to be quite a bit of vibration there which wasn't there at all with the steel wheels on. The wheels are all balanced as I got them balanced the other day before they even went on the car.

At the moment I have cheap plastic spigot rings in them so they have the correct centre bore, I ordered some metal ones thru my local A1 motorstore from TSW which should be here by next week.

I'm hoping that the vibration is due to the cheap plastic spigot rings and the problem will be sorted after I put the correct TSW metal ones in.

What else could it be if it isn't that?? The wheels were off a civic CRX so the offset should be ok.

a buckled wheel, slight buckle unseen to the eye cud cause it, and because they are wider wheels it affects the scrub radius of the car and could have made a small tracking problem more noticable because the wheels are wider

Hope this helps ya

Daz :alien:

Thanks mate, I'll get the tracking checked out this week sometime.

I think I probably just get some new wheels, the mate I got the 5 spokes off said he'll take the wheels back and I can have my money back if I'm not happy so I think that's what I'll do and get some new ones, that way I'll know the wheels are all good. :grinning:

the k11's are quite well known for the tracking being knocked out with the slightest hit to the kerb or pothole, and if you put wider wheels on it becomes more noticable like! Thats the problem i had...now i just have two inner buckles on my wheels lol but the vibrations can be good sometimes hehe!

Daz :alien:

sounds like what k10daz said bout it being buckled when i got car it used to vibrate at around 50mph and become almost undrivable at 60+ because it made ur whole arm numb

richmicratwista said:
i no it sounds daft but are all the nuts tight
is the noise from all wheels or just 1

yep the nuts are all tight, my boyfriend checked them for me.

try swapping the back and the front wheels around and see if it feels any diferent.

What size are the wheels ?

I do remember when I had 16" alloys on my K11 I was also get vibrations coming form the back end when I looked into it the garage said that the inside of the wheels were rubbing against the subframe because the wheels were to wide for the car to correct it they suggested puting spacers on and flareing the arches as it crucified my top speed and economy I decided to get smaller wheels, you also didnt mention wether the wheels were new or not if they arent then it could possibly that they have been curbed resulting in a slight wobble hope you sought the problem

WIDE_ARCHED_BOY said:
if it was buckled they wouldnt be able to be balanced

ehm aye you can! A slight wee knock in the inner wheel doesnt mean it wont balance, the balancing machine will say the wheel is perfectly balanced - both staticly and dynamicly but will still cause a vibration because of the buckle!

my two front wheels have dinks in them from pothole damage from previous owner but stick my wheels on a balancing machine and they are perfect - i did them myself at my work! plus my tracking has been set with 4point laser equipment.

Back