Hi New here! Problem with my Micra :(

J

Jazzy_Jefferson

Hi all

New here, so alright! Mate has sent me an e-mail and i thought I'd put it on here to help solve his problem.

Got a problem with my micra, and i cannot work out what it might be.

Basically, when i start the car and drive, its fine. when its warmed up it will begin to sort of stall, or cut the fuel or something. when cruising at 50 the other day in 5th gear, i had my foot flat to the floor and then lost power, so speed dropped a bit, then i re gained power and sped up, then lost it, then gained it and so on. all the way home. for some reason, it only does it when warmed up and when im pushing on the acclerator. doesnt seem to matter how much pressure is applied to the accelerator either. the loss of power is very jerky, like its almost stalling, however it doesnt matter what gear im in. it also does it when stationary, you can hear it struggling, and then it will stall. Maybe ignition timing or something?

I have cleaned the spark plugs and HT leads. other then that, no idea what it might be. could be fuel pump, but why doesnt it do it from start up if thats the case? You can see i clearly know very little about the micra.

So you know, its a bog standard '95 1.0 micra tropic. in white. fantastic!!

Hope you can help, cheers guys.

Jazzy

Throttlebody problem most likely, do a search, basically have to re-solder or replace the unit.
Oh and welcome by the way :)

Craig said:
Throttlebody problem most likely, do a search, basically have to re-solder or replace the unit.

I did a search for this and found that no one has done a guide.

Can someone who has fixed this problem post one and also anyone you would recommend to buy a replacement one from??

My car does the same but also puffs out a little black smoke when doing so.

Cheers for replies.

Where's the throttle body then?? Canna find it!

def said:
I did a search for this and found that no one has done a guide.

Can someone who has fixed this problem post one and also anyone you would recommend to buy a replacement one from??

My car does the same but also puffs out a little black smoke when doing so.

In all honesty the best place for a replacement is a scrapyard as new/off ebay they con cost up to £400.
Dead easy to fit, just remove the airbox, unplyg the sensors, disconnect the coolant hoses, disconnect the speedo cable, undo the 4 hex bolts.
As Haynes would say " refitting is reverse of removal" :D

not yet, currently car is sitting on my drive. but as said its my mates car. he has the keys. d'oh!

Craig said:

My mum recently had this same problem, the exact opposite of my problem (stalling when idle, lump idle, etc). We replaced the distributor and it seems to have sorted the problem...... fwn

Right

problem seems to be sorted, re-soldered the throttle body. seems to have done the trick. :D

cheers for the advice.

Back