Problem with micra tonight

CMF_D1cefiro

» CMF Member
Ok so i was driving home at about 2am and just as i reached my street i lost all power (engine power)

Engine still turns over but does not spark or fire

I suspect something to do with the dizzy.

Anyone else had similar problems or anyone can give me some helpful advice??

Turbo do u have a spare dizzy liying around??

CMF_D1cefiro

» CMF Member
Yea thats right.

Motor just cut out, no warnings and no weird noises

Ignition still works, fuel pump still humming, and im able to turn the engine over without firing....everything is normal except no spark.

I was thinking dizzy as soon as it happend.
Had the exact same problem in my civic a few years back

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Check your battery terminals and loom plugs/power as well. I once foolishly didn't ensure that my loom power connection was secured and went over a set of railway tracks and it just died - exactly as you described. Felt like a bit of a tool after that but at least I learnt my lesson :)

The plugs i'm specifically referring to are generally the coloured plugs going directly to the positive battery terminal. I'm not saying it isn't dizzy but if it's just a loose connection it'd save you a lot of time/effort.

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
D1cefiro WROTE:

"Thanks dens

That was one of the first things i played around with this morning....no luck.

anyway i just got a dizzy from the wreckers

See how it goes

Cool, good luck with it, let us know how it goes :) What brand of dizzy are the old one and replacement one?

---dens

CMF_D1cefiro

» CMF Member
the old and new dizzy are same brand as what comes from the factory on the micra's.
Got a second hand one from the wreckers and threw it on this arvo and she came back to life.

Took it for a drive and im not sure if its just me but seems alot smoother and gets up in the revs alot quicker, i noticed there seems to be more power than before.

After last night im glad the micra weighs F#@K all as i had to push it for about a 700m stretch.

All smiles in the end though

Thanks for all ur suggestions guys

Back