Micra running rough and no power..... advice request

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately i have encountered a very frustrating issue with my Micra and would greatly appreciate any advice and suggestions from forum members.

When the car first starts it idles smoothly for about the first 30 seconds and then starts running rough (the revs go up and down)... The engine revs smoothly enough with no load but once out on the road significantly lacks power.

It started happening a while ago but has recently become much worse... I have fitted a known good replacement throttle body and distributor and that hasn't made any difference. Neither has fitting new spark plugs & fuel filter.

I have used the intructions in the Haynes manual to check error codes on the ECU... no errors reported.

Has anyone ever had a similar issue ?. I now suspect it might be a problem within the Fuel system ??... As i can hear the fuel pump running do you think it might be something to do with the fuel pressure regulator or injectors ?.

Thanks.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
makes

i agree, mine did something similar when i switched over to petrol (after many weeks on gas) i think my injectors had siezed slightly, and the engine was holding back for 2 or 3 miles.
you could temporarily clamp the return pipe to rule out the p/r/v eh

frank

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Thanks for the info guys. I have tried crimping the return pipe of the Fuel Pressure regulator (thanks for this tip frank) but still same problem so i guess it must be the injectors... i will try to arrange to get them cleaned and see how that goes.

Back