problem front indicator holder thing!!!

right guys just today it happend out the blue. my right indicator works fine but the left one is really fast and realised that it does work but the front one dosen't. so what i do is go to a motor shop buy an indicator bulb as thats why its not working and as im replacing it realised that its not the holder part but the thing u actually put the bulb in the silver round thing was badly rusted and just came all off with just my finger touching it. it has been burnt very badly as i got the guy from the motor shop to do it for me and he said thats gone m8!! lol its a little problem very minor but the thing im struggling with is i cant find the part i need!!! :mad: plus i don't know what you call it!
its the silver round thing what you put the bulb in to fit to it! thanks in advance

try poppin to ur local scapyard and grab a side indicator that matches urs, they're real easy to remove.

pollyp its not the side indicator but the front one. you gotta open the bonnet to get to it. its pretty simple and now the hard part is you know where you fit the bulb in (the actual part the bulb goes in, is rusted and broken off) so im guessing what to do is get that part and super glue it on it? unless there's a different way? plz do help thanks

well i've realised what i need. i need the whole plastic part which the bulb goes in. where the 2 wires are connected. but just before i do that i need help of how to take it off with out damaging the wires? please someone help me
cheers

well i've realised what i need. i need the whole plastic part which the bulb goes in. where the 2 wires are connected. but just before i do that i need help of how to take it off with out damaging the wires? please someone help me
cheers

there,s a loom extention in the h/light but it may be a mission to unpick it :eek: cant you just cut a bulbholder off and join the wires ?

there,s a loom extention in the h/light but it may be a mission to unpick it :eek: cant you just cut a bulbholder off and join the wires ?

this answer gets my vote.

it would be easier without the headlight in place, but if it was me and i wanted it sorted asap, i would cut one out of a scrapyard and just wire it in

okay thanks Nex but can you tell me how to remove it tho? i don't know how to. seems abit confusing! thanks

you will have a wire from the car's loom, this is a 4 pin plug, that plug plugs into a socket on the headlight. the socket is mounted on a post on the back of the headlight and needs something sliding in behind it to push down the release clip. this socket is then wired into the indicator and the sidelight, you will have to depin, the two wires for the indicator, using maybe a scalple or something.

Back