Micra 1.0 indicator problem

Hi all

We've got a 53 plate 1.0 Micra and we're having a bit of bother with the indicator - the passenger side rear stopped working, however after replacing the bulb it worked intermittently but these intermittent periods are getting shorter and further apart. It's now got to the point where it's essentially broken, and it doesn't appear to be the bulb at fault.

I've had a look for corrosion and there's none obvious on the bulb mount.

On a related note, the dash indicator passenger-side signal light has broken, and the garage have said it's not the bulb that's gone - I've heard of this before, with the circuitry of the dash failing - could this be related to the current problem with the actual indicator at the rear?

(As an aside, we got it through MOT with the dead dash bulb, as the tester was happy it still made the clicking noise so there was an signal to the driver that the indicator was on. I suspect we might not be so lucky again - is there a way of fixing problems with the dash bulb?)

All advice gratefully received

Cheers

Could be a dodgy switch/relay if the rear passenger and passenger dash light aren't going but if it's clicking that generally means it knows it's supposed to be working.

Sounds silly but have you checked all the fuses and the cabling to the fuseboxes?

Back