LR Indicator Light Issues

T

thekore

Hey guys, I am having a bit of a puzzling time with my Left Rear Indicator Light. It started with my indicators (all) not working at all but that was fixed with replacing two of the fuses in the drivers side fuse box. Now when I turn ignition to the on position (ignition lights on) and activate the indicator lights to the right, all is well. The direction indicator light is flashing bright green and all three right hand bulbs are activating.

When I activate the indicators to the left, the direction indicator light flashes very dim... probably around half as bright as the right. The front and side repeater bulbs activate but the rear does not. Also during use the ignition light also dim with the indicators are on, so those to are flashing. If the engine is running idle, it drops revs while the left indicators are on too so the engine sounds like its reving very slightly.

The immediate thing I done was take the good right hand bulb and replaced it into the left hand cluster. But the same issue, during having the bulb assembly out I did notice that the brake light bulb was flashing very very dimly in time with the indicators?! Not enought to see through the cluster, but visiable to the naked eye nonetheless.

Now I have checked all fuses and there all good, even fuses in the engine bay are fine.

Does anyone have any idea what may be up here... I really cound do with it being fixed asap.

thanks in advance :D

[edit]
Hrm, well I have fixed this for the duration with a piece of crumpled up kitchen foil crammed between the bulb and the metal contacts.

Look like the contacts are just worn on the bulb unit, anyone know where I can get these from? Or if your breaking a '93 K11 I could do with the left rear bulb assembly unit :D

Back