Priorities

Dazed and

Ex. Club Member
Hey all, first post. My name was supposed to be Dazed and Confused but I'm a moron and somehow managed to screw that up. I should't be allowed near a car really.

Anyway, I have recently aquired a 1994 K11 Micra Wave. I picked it up for free because the owner didn't want to sort out the problems its got- namely the wiring on the offside headlight is knackered (the headlight just doesn't work, changed the bulb but nothing happened), the nearside headlight unit is broken as the bulb fittings wobble around for some reason, the tyres are going to need changing very soon and it has corrosion on the underside. In fact in the last few days the exhaust has sheared off the backbox. But it came with a K&N Induction kit and cold air intake fwn .

So obviously all that stuff needs sorting first, its in the shop at the moment getting a new exhaust fitted, but I want to tune it up a bit and make it a fun car to drive and a nice place to be, as I do a 3 hour drive down the M1 at least twice a week, and the rest of the time I'm knocking around country lanes, so I will spend a lot of time in it. I've put in in all my sound equipment- a 10" sub, kenwood speakers in the doors and a sony headunit, and I'm wondering what I should do next and in what order?

I'll be doing things as and when I can afford it, I know I want to get some new springs and shocks to lower it and get some alloys and new tyres, but I don't really know what other things I should do and in what order. As I said I just want to make it the most fun, comfortable drive I can, and make the interior a cool place to be, so not looking to win any awards. Any suggestions as to what I should do and when?

Cheers

Welcome to MSC! Sounds like you've got yourself a nice tidy car (except for the work that needs doing)

As you said,Alloys,lowering are a good start,guess it depends if you like performance or styling.If you want to tune it up abit perhaps look at exhaust systems,cold air feeds,strut braces.Obviously it'll need to be practical if its work use.Depending if you use your rear seats or not you could remove them and have some bucket seats.

If you like looks over power,than perhaps Super S bumpers and an open mouth grille to change the appearance of the front abit.Tinted/clear rear lights could also help change the look of the back end.

hi and welcome to the MSC :D

you are so lucky to get a free car ¬_¬ i am looking for a micra shell and nobody will give me one lol

replace the plug on the headlight, i bet it has melted and blown a fuse, they have a habbit of doing that.

Cheers for the welcome everyone, I have written down the suggestions and I'll search the forum and see what's been said about them, try and work out what exact parts I would need (what size alloys/tyres, what parts of the exhaust etc.).

replace the plug on the headlight, i bet it has melted and blown a fuse, they have a habbit of doing that.

The plug on the nearside headlight has melted but that one works fine, the other one looks fine but doesn't work!

Back