Replacing the headlight bulb

N

NotNowJohn

I've did a search and can't find any posts that really answer my questions so I thought i'd start a new thread.

Anyway, last night I noticed the headlight on the passengers side had stopped working (that includes both dipped and side). I had a look under the bonnet today and after a bit of a fiddle I managed to get to the bulb via the rubber at the back of the headlight. Now, this is where my problems begin as even though I could get to the light I couldn't work out how to remove the lightbulb. Also, I don't know if there is a specific bulb I should be looking for when I go to replace it and how much it would set me back (I'm a student so I don't have too much money to spend)?

If anyone has any idea how to remove the bulb and what type I should be looking at to replace it you'd be a massive, massive help.

Cheers in advance,
Matt

Ok this will cost you a bulb.

The black connector on the end of the blub need to be squeezed off - it can be a pain to do but once thats off theres a wire clip holding the blub in place. Crank ur neck round and you see what i mean. Easy as an essex girl.

Cheers mate.

You're not wrong about it being a pain to to get off, like.

Right, i've had a probe about and it looks as if it's just my side light that's out. This looks much harder to replace as it is directly underneath the whole that the dipped light comes out of and there is no way that I can see of getting in from the back. Anybody have any idea of how to replace this?

Back